none
Windows 8.1 Sudden Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have lenovo laptop T430 Install with Windows 8.1 Enterprise version. I was very good from last two week after upgrade from Windows 8. Suddenly yesterday it was stop logging with my domain user name and giving me error password incorrect, I check from my other laptop to logging to my outlook, VPN to my Office to check that if my password has change but nothing was change. So then I restart my laptop and log-in with local Administration account, when I log in surprisingly my windows key not working , no swipe menu, I cannot run any kind of exe , control panel not working. 

Then I start restarting my laptop 2-3 time so I can boot in Advance option, My laptop boot and start automatic disk repair, as it was taking log time I kept it and slept away when I wake up and see my laptop was shutdown. I boot it up normally and see that I can now log in to my domain account without any problem. But nothing is working properly. My windows key not working , no swipe menu, I cannot run any kind of exe , control panel not working. 

My Windows explorer is as below.

My Control Panel

Kindly can you help on this issue, I don't want format or loose my files

Friday, November 22, 2013 6:56 AM

Answers

• Ok I could solve my problem as below

1. I restart my PC, when Restart my pc on log in screen I press shift and restart 
    2. Then I go to advance option and restart in safe mode
    3. Then in safe mode, I start command prompt 
    4. run command sfc / scannow

After completing that I restart my PC in normal mode and all start working :)

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:39 AM

All replies

• Ok I could solve my problem as below

1. I restart my PC, when Restart my pc on log in screen I press shift and restart 
    2. Then I go to advance option and restart in safe mode
    3. Then in safe mode, I start command prompt 
    4. run command sfc / scannow

After completing that I restart my PC in normal mode and all start working :)

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:39 AM
  • It is very pleased to hear your issue has been solved.

Thanks a lot for your sharing!

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:56 PM