none
Media player library does not show files in user/my music folder or my music library

Question

• When I go to Windows media player library my music files saved in my user/my music folder are not shown. The originals are in the user/my music folder and copies of the files are shown in the Libraries/music folder, but again not in media player folder. The only music albums shown in media player library is the three sample music albums.

Within Windows media player library I have gone to Organize/manage libraries/music where he shows Library Locations, My Music (c: users\username\music) the location of my music folders and files. 

Ultimately I am trying to set up Windows Media Center and it only recognizes the albums in the media player library and I cannot get my albums to show up in the media player library.

Any suggestions?

PS one other footnote is that some of my folders that I have ripped into the user/Music folder are showing a lock icon in the lower left corner of the folder, can someone tell me what this means I am not able to find reference to it in the tutorial.

Thank you

Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:11 AM

All replies