none
Windows 8 Media Player 12

Question

• Media Player needs help badly.  11 worked far better and with less frustration.

Media Player 12 will not Sync to anything except an audio player.  SD cards USB sticks mass storage of any kind are not seen by the player.  No issues with windows seing them and recognized for what they are.  why such problems for simple normal everyday use items. Even to editing the files so they are in the right place in the library is near to impossible.  I can't believe microsoft would change a functional system for something that should be scrapped.

I've some coments about unistalling and re installing why so labour intensive there has to be an easier answer.....does anyone have one?? except for gett WMP 11 to work on Windows 7 & 8 

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have also test this with a SD card and it could not be recognized. Please also test with other compatible devices.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 07, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Media Player 12 is a deprecated feature. It has no changes from WMP 12 in Windows 7 and Windows RT doesn't even include it. The Photos and Video apps are "the future".
    Friday, December 07, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Why should you have to pay for apps that were always part of the software purchace.  A money grab for companies that are continuing to make more from the consumer. And they still dont work. at least the nice thing about RT is that it doesnt jump to the desktop when you dont want it to,  a notorious feature of windows 8 i've discovered.
    Friday, December 07, 2012 2:18 PM
  • I've tried 2 other types of USB one works the other doesnt and the SD as mentioned. I've tried all of these in windows 7 media 12 and all are seen by the player.  What is different with Windows 8?  is it something in the OS?  was there a another change in in the Media software?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:10 PM
  • Windows Media Player 12 works on Windows-RT?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:11 PM
  • As far as I know, Windows RT has not Windows Media Player.

For the issue about Windows Media Player, I have recorded it.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:06 AM