Remote Desktop connection Manager - Root element is missing.

• Hello.

I have a .RDG file for Remote Desktop Connection Manager, and when i open it - i get the message, that the Root element is missing. The program seems to be working fine.

What can i do to fix this issue?

There are not error logs in my event viewer, that could help me sort this issue by myself :(

Friday, January 31, 2014 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description,it seems that the config file was corrupted.

Please try to delete the file (remote desktop manager.cfg) to check the result.

Here is the location for file:

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 03, 2014 7:45 AM
  • Hello.

When i try to enter that Path, it appears that it dosent exist :(

Monday, February 03, 2014 9:43 AM
  • The most likely culprit for that error message is an improperly configured .rdg file. I would recommend attempting to recreate the file. There are some good tips and things to look for found here on the MSDN Blog Lessons Learned: RDCman Config Files (*.rdg).

That said, bear in mind that RDCMan is only listed as supported on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.

Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    The Springboard Series on TechNet

Friday, February 07, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Hello.

Thanks for the reply, its not that answer that i wanted to hear - because i like the program, but thx for the help :)

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Hi

This worked for me:

Right hand click on the file > go to properties > Previous Versions tab where you will se previous file version and click on the restore point you want. This will load previous versions that you have saved.

Please let me know if this works for you

Monday, August 10, 2015 6:44 AM
  • Worked beautifully!  Thank you!  
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:10 PM