none
Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 RC 7100 64 bit, constantly stops responding and/or crashing

Question

• I have been using the Windows 7 RC 7100 64 bit for sometime now and have had a persistent issue that is driving me crazy.  I run IE8 and it constantly stops responding, crashing or otherwise.  The then system wants to find a solution or send something about it to Microsoft but I never get any solutions to the problems.  I get errors listing the following either dll.'s or other errors I could be more specific if someone wants the info.

Fautling mods are

NTDLL.dll or mshtml.dll or I get some type of stackhash errors but that all start with Appcrash then iexplorer.exe and then some type of file, lots of numbers.  I have them all saved but the bottom line is the thing just will not work properly.

I have done everything recommended:

Run with no add ons
    Clear all temp files and such
    return IE8 to orginal settings

Really have tried everything and looked for tons of solutions on my own.  I really have enjoyed Win 7 but this has gotten to be difficult as you cannot effectively browse the internet or use the browser for anything without this happening constantly.  Anybody have any solutions or is having the same issue.

Help

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Solution 1:

Use your Start menu to check for updates

Windows Update is included in Control Panel. In the future, to check for updates (or if this webpage doesn’t open Windows Update automatically):

Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

Solution 2: Patch for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

You can download patch.if you are facing the error in mising these  Dll's  such as
    Mshtml.dll      
    Mshtml.tlb      
    Mshtml.dll      
    Mshtml.tlb
    NTDLL.dll
    Icardie.dll
    Icardie.dll
    Ieunatt.exe
    Iexplore.exe
    Occache.dll
    Desktop.ini
    Occache.dll
    Desktop.ini
    Occache.dll

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

System Requirements

• Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=80607742-2073-4390-a935-e7a77f5166a4&displaylang=en

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Monday, August 24, 2009 11:50 AM

• This really is not an answer to my issues as the patch you proposed is for the beta version of Windows 7 and not for the Windows 7 RC.  Also I do not seem to be missing these .dll files only faulting on them.  Are you telling me this patch is okay to use with the RC of Windows 7 or will this totally mess up my system?  I would assume since Windows update does not show me any updates to install that this has been installed by my system already if it was applicable.

Thoughts?
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:44 AM
  • Does IE crash immediately after you launch it or it stopped working some time later?

I am still using Windows 7 x64 RC 7100, but IE 8 on it works OK.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:40 AM
  • The crashes do not happen immediately, I will be browsing for a while and perhaps navigate to a new page and I get the pop up message that internet explorer has stopped working.  Sometimes it recovers the page sometimes it wants me to close it out and send info to Microsoft.  What is interesting is that any other browsers I use crash also.  I have tried them all and they all crash in the same manner.  I have done two installs of Windows 7 RC 64 bit 7100 build that I got off the MS website.  I am not using any bogus or torrent run build like I see in some of these forums.  The OS runs flawlessly with all other applications but the IE8 has become a real pain.  It is the only item that kills my reliability score.  There doesnt seem to be any hardware conflicts or other problems.

Last couple days it faulted on two new .dll that I have not see it fault on before, I have pasted those errors below:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 8.0.7100.0

Application Timestamp: 49ee9200

Fault Module Name: RPCRT4.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7100.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 49eea707

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003ac93

OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a7aa

Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3: a7aa

Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 1366685951

Problem signature

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 1261492855

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:07 PM
  • I had the same problem until I ran all websites in compatibility mode.

Tools>Compatibility View Settings>Display All Websites in Compatibility View
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:54 PM
  • I have done this as well as running with no add-ons and I get the same results.  What is odd to me is that any browser I use has the same issue.  I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari and they all have the same issue with crashing while I am browsing.  I am wondering if there is a driver conflict with IE8.  I have an Nvida 650 sli motherboard, with a builtin gigabyte ethernet card and a Nvida 9600 gt graphic card.  I also have Intel q8200 quad core processors.  Has anyone heard of a driver conflict that would cause these crashes?
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

What sort of antivirus and gadgets do you run?
    I'm running IE 8.07600.16385 try get the upgrade it may resove the issue.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:32 AM
  • I use Avast home edition which is compatible with windows 7.  I am using the only build that would be available to the general public unless you are a subscriber to MSDN or Technet.  Build 7600 is, not to my knowledge available to the general public unless you download it off of some torrent which I would never chance doing.

Is build 7600 available in any other way??

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:43 AM