none
Microphones not being found

Question

• Okay well here is my issue it seems pretty simple but it is rattling my mind. So I want to play games and all that and one thing I have grown attatched to is my microphone. Prior to installing Windows 7 it had worked fine and I am sure it still works and I am probably just an idiot.

So here we go Step by Step.
    A: I plug in my microphone to the jack in the back (I know I have the correct jack). Pinkish to pinkish inputs for my desktop microphone. I go and test out my microphone. Nothing. No response.
    B: I unplug it and try my headphones microphone repeating the test. Nothing.
    C: Control Panal and goto Sound
    D: In Playback my options are, Digital Audio (HDMI) and Speakers. It is currently set on Speakers.
    E: Recordings is blank "No audio devices are installed" yet... I have installed Realtek. None of the buttons are able to be pressed or used. I have right clicked and check off both, Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices, with still no results.

Sounds and Communication tabs seem irrelevent. Help would be MUCH appreciated.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

On my machine, if I unplug the microphone, in Recording tab, the icon for microphone will have a red arrow and it says “Not plugged in”.

Please remove the current driver and install the latest version:

High Definition Audio Codecs

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I know that in Realtek software, there is software for configuring sound related settings. Please also try it to see how it works.

If you have another microphone, please also have a try.

Considering the issue is related to hardware, it is also recommended that you contact your computer’s manufacture for further investigation.

Thanks. Hope this issue will be resolved soon!

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:58 AM