none
Windows colour management overides the colour settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I boot up the machine, Windows Colour management overrides the nvidia graphics card settings and sets a poor quality colour setting. Opening the nvidia control panel and setting RGB and applying results in the screen blanking and the settings being ignored.

I have tried to open Windows colour management and disable it however when I go to advanced --> change system defaults --> and untick use windows display calibration this fails with the error "the system cannot find the file specified". I have disabled the task in the task scheduler which hasnt helped.

How can I disable colour management within the registry? Can anyone provide the location to go to in the registry to disable it or force RGB colour settings?

Thanks

Stephen

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Going to the Task Scheduler (search Task Scheduler in Start Menu) and going to \Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem

You could see a task called Calibration Loader. Right-click it and select Properties.

Go to the Triggers tab in this new window.

You should see two triggers here, "At Log on" and "On connection to user session"

Disable them both by clicking on them and unchecking the "Enabled" box at the bottom of the window.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 12:53 PM