none
Slow wifi auto reconnect Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• We have HP notebooks and Panasonic ToughPads, installed with Windows 10 and an Intel 8260 wifi card. They all suffer from the same thing, i.e. slow wifi auto reconnection when they return back into wifi range. On the contrary, they roam VERY WELL, i.e. from 1 AP to another. 

So again, we are not facing roaming problems. The issue arises when we go with the client out of wifi range, e.g. leave the building and then return back to the building. It sometimes can take up to +/- 50s before the device will autoconnect again. I have to add that eventually, the device always auto reconnects.

To be honest, I don't think that it is related to drivers or AP fimware. We've installed the latest version of the wifi drivers. We are running on our 5520 WLC 8.5.120.0.

We've also done traces and we noticed that when we come back into wifi range, the device is not sending out any wifi packets during a very long time, like already said, sometimes up to 50s.
    From the moment that the first packet is sent, the device is associated and authenticated in less than a second.

All this makes me think that there must be some kind of auto connect retry interval in Windows. Does anyone have experience with this ?

We've also tried all the tips in the following link: windowsreport.com/windows-10-wifi-not-connecting-automatically
    No success.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:57 AM