none
No Wifi Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Experiencing an issue connecting to the Internet via wifi.  Internet is working when I use an Ethernet Cable, but the wifi router/network is not recognized on the laptop.  Everything worked great 2 days ago, but no luck since.  Just did the mandatory update on the laptop last week - so I can't be 100% sure it messed with my computer or not.

I have tried:

1) ...setting up the network manually, but the computer tells me no wifi connections located. (NONE! not the neighbors wifi or anything)

2) ...restarting the computer.

3) ...'forget'ting the wifi settings on my wifi connection manager.

4) ...tried locating my wifi card to try troubleshooting as per a previous forum question, but I think with this version of Windows it's hiding from me.

Please let me know what I can do - any help is much appreciated!!

Thank You!! - Carmen

Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Make sure you've latest network drivers installed. Also run Network Adapter troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the network adapter driver status in the device manager. Try to reinstall them. It is recommended to download the latest Windows 7 compatible driver for your device from the device manufacturer website.

We also could run Windows build-in troubshooter as Kapil.Arya said.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:32 AM