none
"SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT" BSOD on logoff in Windows 7 RC

Question

• I am using Window 7 RC 64bit build 7100, and until recently I haven't had much problems, but now I seem to be having a blue screen of death error. It happens after a few hours of on and off use, usually just internet. I will be browsing the web and when I scroll downward, the text/photo will all kinda blur together, then other programs like trillian and itunes have graphical errors. I then try to sign off and that's when, after logging off I receive a BSOD message stating "SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT"  and it will perform a memory dump and then restart. I have no clue why this is suddenly happening. I have not installed any new hardware, nor any major software changes. I have tried looking on google, but have not really found much help at all. Like I said I have Windows 7 RC 64bit version 7100, on a Lenovo W500 laptop. Any help appreciated, thanks!
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Speez,

Try updating your video driver.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:42 AM
  • I should try that again, its hard because I don't have a true windows 7 driver for my GPU because it is a ATI Mobility FireGL V5700, and because they didn't make windows 7 drivers yet, it choses the Radion drivers instead, which is esensually the same thing and has always worked fine until then. I hope ATI is working on true drivers for it though.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:48 PM
  • The behavior certainly seems to most likely be attributable to the video driver.  If the most recent version doesn't address the issue, you could perhaps try one or more previous versions to see if the behavior may have been introduced at some more recent point.  Else, it would seem that you are at the mercy ATI...
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:06 PM
  • So i've tried updating the drivers, but then it installed the newest Radion drivers, and it actually messed up my system for some reason. It would bootup but the circle cursor would just keep spinning and my mouse and keyboard couldn't make anything happen, so I went into safe mode and rolled back to the old FireGL drivers, and tho their kinda old, I haven't had any problems over the past day or so. I crashing so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe the driver was just messed up at the time.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Hopefully, reinstalling the current drivers did the trick...
    Monday, July 20, 2009 10:36 AM