none
TS Customization RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a TS and need some help.

1) I have installed the Language pack en-GB and now need to make the default language as en-GB.

2) Change Region Settings accordingly

Can we do above 2 without using the answer file.

3) Customize Start Menu and task Bar but make sure its editable by users.

4) Turn on Secure Boot on all machines.

• Edited by KKarun Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:23 AM
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:11 AM

All replies

• 1. Default language should also be the main OS language (image original language) which is recommended to be US-EN. You can then add more LPs and then via GPO to set default Language per OU.

2. You can do this with unattend.xml, setting language per group. I do it with UDI scroll down selection - installer selects desired language which then in TS activates speficig language group which then applies wim with spesific language unattend.xml

3. Start menu and Task bar applied during TS should be editable. 

4. This is bios-releated action so you need import and configure BIOS utilitu application per Vendor you have there.

MCSE Mobility 2018. Expert on SCCM, Windows 10, ALOVPN, MBAM.

Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:30 AM
  • I dont want to use GPO. i am already installing LPs but want that when the machine is ready, the default language is set to the desired language.

How can i add region in unattend.xml, i tried but it didnt work? Can u please check.

Sunday, November 17, 2019 10:54 PM
  • Hi,

Please help check the account you are using. For more information, please refer to:
    Windows 10 1709 unattend.xml Let's start with region
    Why does Windows 10 setup prompt to choose a language when deploying language packs offline using System Center Configuration Manager?
    Create an Answer File for Language settings during OSD with ConfigMgr

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 6:52 AM
  • uattend xml works but wat is doing is it is removing US and just showing AU. My requirement here is to add AU as Primary and also keep US as secondary so that user doesnt have to add/install the language from "Preffered language"

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please help check the setuperr.log, setupact.log and smsts.log to see if there is any clues.

May we know if you are in upgrade scenarios? If you are upgrading or migrating an operating system with multiple language packs installed, you can upgrade or migrate only to the system default UI language. The requirement for the Windows Setup is that the system UI language of the INSTALL.WIM being used for upgrade must match the system UI language of the running OS. Adding additional language packs isn’t enough.

To install multiple languages to one client during OSD, please refer to:
    Mastering Windows 10 Language Packs
    How to Upgrade Windows Clients with Multiple Languages installed to Windows 10

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Make sure you have AU and US set in the InputLocale settings. That should then display the two languages in Settings\Languages in the OS.

Cheers Paul | http://sccmentor.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:44 AM
  • This is what i am using in my answer file, where should i add it exactly? I am using unattend file during Apply OS step in TS. later in the TS, i am installing the LP files for other country. So when the build is completed, i want to see US and GB under Language Settings
               <SetupUILanguage>
                    <UILanguage>en-AU</UILanguage>
                </SetupUILanguage>
                <InputLocale>0c09:00000409</InputLocale>
                <UserLocale>en-AU</UserLocale>
                <SystemLocale>en-AU</SystemLocale>
                <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback>
            </component>
        </settings>
        <settings pass="oobeSystem">
            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                <InputLocale>0c09:00000409</InputLocale>
                <SystemLocale>en-AU</SystemLocale>
                <UserLocale>en-AU</UserLocale>
                <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback>
            </component>
    • Edited by KKarun Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:16 AM