none
Bluetooth Peripheral Driver not found

Question

• Hi,

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. If I connect any bluetooth device to my system via usb it gives the error that bluetooth peripheral device not found. I tried to update the driver from Device Manager but it did not work out. Can someone please tell me where I can get these drivers.

Thank you,

Rajeev.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:16 AM

Answers

• What Bluetooth device are you connecting?  And how are you trying to connect?  You cannot connect via Bluetooth and USB at the same time.  If you are connecting a cellphone, you need the software published by the manufacturer that will have the needed drivers.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, April 28, 2010 1:37 AM
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:36 AM
  • Hi Rajeev,

Please let us know the exact Bluetooth device brand and model. Also, you can contact the device manufacturer to confirm if it is fully compatible with Windows 7. If the device is compatible with Windows 7, try the following suggestions:

1.     Type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit Enter.

2.     In Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth driver in the device list.

3.     Right click on it, click Uninstall.

4.     Reboot the computer and install the downloaded drivers.

For more information about Bluetooth device in Windows 7, refer to:

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

If you are using a Dell computer, you can refer to this article provided by Dell: Connect to a Bluetooth® Device From Your Dell Computer in Windows® 7

Regards,

Linda

Friday, April 23, 2010 7:12 AM

All replies

• What Bluetooth device are you connecting?  And how are you trying to connect?  You cannot connect via Bluetooth and USB at the same time.  If you are connecting a cellphone, you need the software published by the manufacturer that will have the needed drivers.
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:36 AM
  • Hi Rajeev,

Please let us know the exact Bluetooth device brand and model. Also, you can contact the device manufacturer to confirm if it is fully compatible with Windows 7. If the device is compatible with Windows 7, try the following suggestions:

1.     Type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit Enter.

2.     In Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth driver in the device list.

3.     Right click on it, click Uninstall.

4.     Reboot the computer and install the downloaded drivers.

For more information about Bluetooth device in Windows 7, refer to:

Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer

Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device

If you are using a Dell computer, you can refer to this article provided by Dell: Connect to a Bluetooth® Device From Your Dell Computer in Windows® 7

Regards,

Linda

Friday, April 23, 2010 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am having a similar problem when trying to use my nokia e51 mobile with my Dell laptop, Windows s7 32-bit.

It pairs up fine, so I can add the device, and it is listed in Device and Printers, however it has an exclaimation error note saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed"

I have installed the nokia ivi suite and I am able to use my phone to access pictures/messages etc via this software using bluetooth fine. I would like to be able to access these items on my phone without the ovi software, which I had previously been able to do (possibly before a windows update? cannot determine when).

I have reinstalled the WIDCOMM bluetooth drivers for windows 7, no change.

The errors are "bluetooth peripheral device driver not found". So I'm not sure what is required here, seems a microsoft software issue, and cannot be hardware because everything is working fine.

Raechelle

Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Same isse

Windows 7 x64 | broadcomm Bluetooth | trying to connect iPhone 4

Friday, July 16, 2010 4:01 AM
  • I have same issue with Windows 7 connecting to iPhone 3GS. I can pair device but they will not connect or "see" each other. I get message about missing driver. where can I get this please?
    Monday, August 09, 2010 10:55 AM
  • Same isse

Have you downloaded and installed the latest iTunes?  http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 09, 2010 11:22 AM
  • I have same issue with Windows 7 connecting to iPhone 3GS. I can pair device but they will not connect or "see" each other. I get message about missing driver. where can I get this please?

Have you downloaded and installed the latest iTunes?  http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 09, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Yes running latest iTunes and OS4.1 on Phone
    Monday, August 09, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Same isse

the same here... and solutions up to now ?
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:13 PM
  • I  have a Toshiba Satellite, Belkin Bluetooth USB, and Samsung WEP 450 bluetooth headset.  The USB installed PNP.  Headset paired fine but I got an error message that the driver could not be found nor was it recognized by any application (Skype).  I downloaded a driver from this link: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php.  Everything installed fine.  Went to control panel>devices.  Selected the headset icon, selected connect.  Restarted laptop. Now it works.
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:47 PM
  •  

Same issue here, Itunes up to date, no problems connecting via usb, but wont connect via bluetooth. drivers not installed. 

geoffrey stoner
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I having the same problem with the bluetooth peripheal drivers not being found, its for a HTC hero with an Android 2.0 OS  ive installed the htc sync software that goes with it  too.. is there just a file i can download from somewhere that will fix this?
    Monday, May 30, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Same issue on my Sony Ericsson Hazel on Win7x64. I'm dual booting with XP which has no such problem with the bluetooth drivers. I can still connect at times on W7 but it is not consistent. XP is more reliable with my phones connection.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Refering to the "Device driver software was not successfully installed" or "message about missing driver" when pairing iPhone with Win7 PC (Laptop or desktop) unchecking the “Wireless iAP” option on the Services Tab of the properties Window for the device: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers> RClick "the device">Properties>Services resolved the missing driver issue.

For more in depth info and a step by step guide to Internet Tethering using Bluetooth refer to: http://www.getmeapp.com/step-by-step-guide-to-iphone-tethering-on-windows-7-and-windows-vista-using-bluetooth/ 

• Edited by Gudufl Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:39 PM
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:38 PM