none
How can I reinstall the calendar side bar gadget if it no longer shows when I right click on my gadgets

Question

• The monthly calendar that showed on my side bar gadgets is no longer there.Guess I must of accidently  deleted it. I have downloaded a calendar from gadget search,but when I downloaded it it just shows a blank orange calendar. How can I re-install a calendar to my side bar gadgets

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:32 AM

Answers

• When you open Windows Sidebar and add the Calendar Gadget, it may display blank content in a plain orange background.

This problem occurs due to missing scripting run-time registration. Registering the vbscript.dll file from an admin Command Prompt fixes the problem. Follow these steps:

Open an Admin Command Prompt window. To do so, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Type the following command and press ENTER:

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

You should see the following message after running the command:

DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

Restart Windows and see if the Calendar and Stocks Gadgets render correctly.

2nd method

Uninstall and reinstall desktop gadgets and check if it helps.

a. Go to Start > Control Panel.
    b. Open Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
    c. Click on Turn Windows features on or off in the left column of the Programs and Features window.
    d. Uncheck Windows Gadget Platform.
    e. Click OK.
    f. Click Restart Now to reboot the computer.
    g. Place checkmark for Windows Gadget Platform.

Run the gadget and see if date is displayed.

Refer:

Turn Windows features on or off
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

More Information
    Article 2515657 - Windows7 Gadgets may not work or display properly
    htp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515657

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:40 PM

All replies

• When you open Windows Sidebar and add the Calendar Gadget, it may display blank content in a plain orange background.

This problem occurs due to missing scripting run-time registration. Registering the vbscript.dll file from an admin Command Prompt fixes the problem. Follow these steps:

Open an Admin Command Prompt window. To do so, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Type the following command and press ENTER:

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

You should see the following message after running the command:

DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

Restart Windows and see if the Calendar and Stocks Gadgets render correctly.

2nd method

Uninstall and reinstall desktop gadgets and check if it helps.

a. Go to Start > Control Panel.
    b. Open Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
    c. Click on Turn Windows features on or off in the left column of the Programs and Features window.
    d. Uncheck Windows Gadget Platform.
    e. Click OK.
    f. Click Restart Now to reboot the computer.
    g. Place checkmark for Windows Gadget Platform.

Run the gadget and see if date is displayed.

Refer:

Turn Windows features on or off
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

More Information
    Article 2515657 - Windows7 Gadgets may not work or display properly
    htp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515657

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:40 PM
  • What is the link to download the calendar for gadgets?
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:21 PM