none
Windows 8 hang? Freeze?

Question

• I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what to actually call this. When I first installed 8 in November, I started experiencing issues where I couldn't open any apps, and if I was using a browser other than IE(Firefox/Chrome) I couldn't open any new tabs. If I closed those browsers, then I would be unable to reopen them. When trying to use the Restart option, that too would hang and nothing would happen. I would have to use the power button to turn off the computer. So, I went to my good friend Google Search Engine to figure this out.  It lead me to this link. I followed the instructions there about the Hyper-V, and the /bcdedit. This worked for a good long while. Right up until yesterday. I'm experiencing these issues again. I can't even run Windows Update at the moment. Now, I've read that this could really be browser related. So, I uninstalled both Firefox and Chrome. However, I still have this issue. My main question is, if this has been around since the Release Preview, why has it not been fixed yet? Thank you for your time.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies