none
Windows 7 is not loading with Blue screen & error message.

Question

• I have an Intel based PC with 946 GZIS chipset on which i have installed , Windows XP on D drive & Windows 7 on C drive with dual boot.

Every thing was running fine,but before a day on starting W7 it gives bluescreen after windows7 logo appearance, with message;

*** STOP : 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x 00000000, 0x00000000)

before this it writes somewhat like;

"If you are seeing this bluescreen for the first time,check if newly hardware are installed, remove it & reboot, if again problem remains then check for Virus with antivirus & run CHKDSK /F"

I have checked by replacing my spare RAM But can't helps. No new hardware i have installed. Also checked with Norton 2011 updated, separately C drive & D drive. It reports No virus.

Addition to that my XP on D drive is still loading/running OK. Dual boot menu also is appearing on switch on.(i am posting this, via same PC thro' XP)

Tried with W7 install DVD , it detects OS but can't repair the start up.

Yes one more thing i have also installed SP1 for W7.

Please help to resolve it.

thanks.

• Edited by rajagu23 Friday, November 18, 2011 2:49 PM addition of information.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 2:46 PM

Answers

• hi all

i have solved it out!!!

with the help of HIREN BOOT CD 15.2 i have sort listed the tools  & from that, used ComputerMOT.EXE via XP, it has fixed it & on rebooting W7, it autoruns  chkdsk, found solved!!!!

I have listed out other appli. also if anyone wants.

thanks
    • Marked as answer by rajagu23 Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:44 AM
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

have you tried boot to Windows Recovery Environment and rollback to another system restore point?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:01 AM
  • I have no system image, tried thro' installation dvd but not succeeded as no restore point was found. Actually i have made a restore point earlier,but don't know where its gone!!
    thanks
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:06 AM
  • is there any way you can view the files and folders on the OS? (take HDD out and put it in a caddie and use it externally? linux disc etc?)

if you can go to c:\windows\minidump

there will be a .dmp file there with the date on that the system crashed, upload it onto this thread and ill take a look for you. should be able to figure out what the problem is.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:09 AM
  • thanks Dunn,

i have checked the folder but there is no .dmp file!

i have to remind  you that i can run XP on the same hdd. so, is it possible that problem with hdd? moreover i have no linux disc now.

thanks
    Friday, November 25, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Couple of things,

When you installed windows 7 did you get through the OOBE or did it crash once installed and was restarting to go to the OOBE? (OOBE being the initial setup where you enter first username etc)

have you ran the chkdsk command? could be worth a try, i fixed a colleagues blue screen erro the other day with a chkdsk...

boot to winRE , hit shift + f10 to get command prompt then type

chkdsk c: /f /r

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:08 PM
  • i have tried it but instead of running chkdsk W7 starts to load & failed with blue screen.
    thanks
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:01 PM
  • guys some good things!!!!

I hv done a system repair with W7 dvd then used, Memory dignostic tool. This allowed me to go in to safe mode.

then gone in to safe mode & run chkdsk (its not run directly at that time but, gives an option to run after next reboot,i hv selected 'yes').

after this, normal reboot leads to blue screen only,but this time with other technical information as;

*** STOP : 0X000000D1 (0X00000000,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X8C8B60F2)

*** ndis.sys Address 8BEFD76A base at 8BEF8000, Datestamp 4ce78937

after this it creats a dump file, but i can't trace it !?!

Now, the good thing is i can start my W7 in safe mode!!!    from where i have run my NIS 11 ,found no virus..

So, is there any solution via safe mode?????????

thanks
    Friday, December 2, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

Go to BIOS ,search for System Configuration tab & there search for SATA Native Mode and change it to disable.

Thanks

Pranay.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:19 AM
  • Hi pranay

i have tried in  BIOS menu as;

Advanced--->Drive configuration-->ATA/IDE Mode : Native/Legacy

Initially it was Native, changed to Legacy & rebooted saving it.

BUt the problem remains same.

One thing i have to add that there is a message, above all the error message mentioned in 02 DEC. reply;

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

thanks
    • Unmarked as answer by rajagu23 Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:44 AM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:16 AM
  • hi all

i have solved it out!!!

with the help of HIREN BOOT CD 15.2 i have sort listed the tools  & from that, used ComputerMOT.EXE via XP, it has fixed it & on rebooting W7, it autoruns  chkdsk, found solved!!!!

I have listed out other appli. also if anyone wants.

thanks
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:44 AM
  • Hi I am running into exact same error as  below.

Windows repair does not fix it.
    Only thing I can do is get to DOS prompt under advance repair options.
    (I have tried chkdsk C: and chkdsk E: both reported no errors).

Lenovo laptop G555 came installed with the OS so I don't have a CD to re-install it.
    I do have Paragon Rescue Kit which will let me see drive and copy off content if I have to.

Any suggestion?
    Thank you,
    Robert

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Every thing was running fine,but before a day on starting W7 it gives bluescreen after windows7 logo appearance, with message;

*** STOP : 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x 00000000, 0x00000000)

before this it writes somewhat like;

"If you are seeing this bluescreen for the first time,check if newly hardware are installed, remove it & reboot, if again problem remains then check for Virus with antivirus & run CHKDSK /F"

Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:53 PM
  • @rajagu please give me more information on how you used Hirens. i have been facing this problem for days i cant find a way out.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:58 AM