none
Printing issue in MS Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I had a printing issue in Word 2013. It cannot match my default setting from Windows 10 Pro x64.

I tried to set the paper size from letter to A4, it cannot remember. I click print and the printer will said the paper size problem.

I already remove and reinstall the printer driver, repair office, completely remove office and upgrade to O365 and set a template. No one work for me. but I use excel to test is normal. I also do the windows update and office update. I tried different computer with Word 2013 and the issue is same. Any ideas to fix it? I cannot print the document. Thanks

• Edited by Kyle Ng Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:57 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I tried different computer with Word 2013 and the issue is same.

<< Does the issue occur with all documents of Word 2013 on different computers when printing by this printer? Please share more information about paper size problem if there is any error message. 

What’s your printer model? Have you tried other printers for a test? It could not rule out the problem of printer.

>> I tried to set the paper size from letter to A4, it cannot remember.

<<  Does the paper size in Word not match the paper size in the Printer Properties dialog box? Do you mean the paper size still shows Letter in Word even you choose A4?

If so, you could try to go to File > Print > Change paper size from Letter to Legal > Change the paper size from Legal back to A4 > Click Printer Properties > Advanced, check whether the paper size is A4. Maybe it could update the cached value for the paper size.

In addition, have you tried to specify the paper size in Word document? Please refer to this article: The printer settings are ignored when you print a Word document. You could click Set as Default at the end of setting if needed. 

If the steps above do not work, please try to reset user options and registry settings in Word. You could try the easy fix too first. Please note: This article contains information about how to modify the registry, and serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:40 AM