none
Permissions not so permissable. Changed folder to EVERYONE but each individual file is under ADMINISTRATOR. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an external HDD which has permissions on it.  I have struggled many years to put it in a non-permissions state or DEFAULT.  The other day I had changed all the permissions to EVERYONE and it worked.  HOWEVER!  Now all the files are under ADMINISTRATOR, that is highly annoying since now I have to change each individual to either EVERYONE or myself.

The permissions security feature is very flawed and a nuisance.  Damn this feature!  Damn it to hell!

How do I change it and everything and forever to DEFAULT?  I don't care for security, you might I don't.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your post, I understand that you have assign everyone permission to the HDD or folders, but the file or subfolders in them had Administrator permission, am I right?

If not, please provide more detailed description of your issue. The better thing is, you could provide the screenshot to express your issue. 

Regarding current situation, I just would like to share this article for your reference, hope it could be helpful.

How do I restore security settings to a known working state?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222/en-us

Keep post.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:34 AM