none
Dedicating separate WiFi adapters to separate networks permanently RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SP6 and use a separate USB WiFi adapter to connect to an automotive scan tool. I would like to dedicate the second adapter to only be able to connect to the tools WiFi network, while allowing the built in WiFi adapter to roam to whatever network i may be near. In the past I accomplished this by selecting the second adapter and only asking it to connect to the tools WiFi network. It seems that in a recent update of windows they have changed something that allows all adapters on the device to connect to any network the device has saved. this is somewhat of a problem because it does not like to connect to the tool because there is no internet available obviously. It also tends to not reconnect the internal adapter to the building WiFi when i return from driving because the internal adapter connects to the tool also, because the networks are shared across the adapters. Any help to get me back to where I used to be great.  Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I am a bit confused about your question. If possible, could you please upload some screenshots to help us understand your question better?

What did you mean about automotive scan tool? Did you use third-party software ?

Please understand, we are not familiar with third-party product. You might need to contact the vendor of the automotive scan tool for further help.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, November 18, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:55 AM