none
Console IME - conime.exe process

Question

• Hello,

I've suffered some security issues recently and I'm very alert on everything happening in Vista x64.

Suddenly, for a couple of times my hd activity has been higher than the average and I opened the Process Explorer utility finding both times this process "conime.exe" running. I have read it's related with asiatic languages. My WIndows installation is Occidental european... virus/spyware?

thanks

W7 Beta running on an AMD Semprom 3200+ (1800Mhz) with 2 Gbs of RAM and a built-in Nvidia 6100 VGA, and mate, it runs like a charm!
    Monday, January 26, 2009 10:14 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Reckon, I'd like to inform you that most likely, this is not a virus related issue if the file is under C:\windows\system32\conime.exe. You can check this by using msconfig or other third party tools. I suggest you first try a free online virus scan on the following site:

http://safety.live.com

Meanwhile, if you need more help with virus-related issues, please contact Microsoft Product Support Services. For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by Tim QuanModerator Monday, February 02, 2009 2:44 AM
    • Edited by Sabrina Shen Friday, April 06, 2012 3:52 AM PCSafety Center update
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:39 AM