none
casio exilim mobile c721 usb driver 1.0.8003.1229 will not install

Question

• Have casio exilim mobile and tried to install driver on RC and the current release of Ultimate 64. It goes to end of install then says "Before setup, eject device from PC". It then uninstalls the driver and says "setup was interrupted and not completed. To install at a later date run setup again."

The exilim is not connected to the computer currently in any way. I have tried 3 different compatibility modes including xp sp2, vista and 2000. I have selected run as admin for each. I have attempted to disable my usb root hub and have gone to only having the keyboard connected via USB, nothing else. Same message.

Install worked on Vista ultimate 64 w/o a problem.

MSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard v1.0 BIOS 1.8
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:16 PM

Answers

• According to the Casio-Hitachi website, the software is not supported on 64-bit Windows:

http://ch-mobile.com/support/download.html

Operation of this software is not supported under Windows® 3.1, 95, 98, ME, XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista® x64 Edition, or the Macintosh.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Saturday, October 24, 2009 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

As Rick Dee mentioned, this issue may occur if the driver is not compatible with Windows 7.

You can try the following steps. If the issue persists, you may need to contact casio to obtain the correct driver.

Reinstall USB controllers

-----------------------------

Use the Mouse

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Use the Keyboard

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the “Start” menu.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

4. Press "Right" and expand it.

5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all controllers automatically.

If it does not work, try the following steps:

Install built-in driver

==========================

1. Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.

2. Find out your USB device in Other Device or Universal Serial Bus controllers category.

3. Right click on it and click Update Driver Software…

4. Select the "Browse my computer for driver software".

5. Check "Include subfolder" box, and click Browse…

6. Browse to C:\windows folder, find out a folder named inf and high-light it and click OK.

7. Click Next.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, October 23, 2009 6:32 AM

All replies

• According to the Casio-Hitachi website, the software is not supported on 64-bit Windows:

Operation of this software is not supported under Windows® 3.1, 95, 98, ME, XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista® x64 Edition, or the Macintosh.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:59 PM

Yet it installed w/o incident on Vista Ultimate 64. No problems. Ever. It will simply not install on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I'm looking for a little more than the answer you gave. Not that I don't appreciate it but a lot of software that isn't supported on certain operating systems installs OK. We would not have compatibility mode if not for that.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:38 PM

Yet it installed w/o incident on Vista Ultimate 64. No problems. Ever. It will simply not install on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I'm looking for a little more than the answer you gave. Not that I don't appreciate it but a lot of software that isn't supported on certain operating systems installs OK. We would not have compatibility mode if not for that.

The compatibility mode does not guarantee that software will install in Windows 7.  There are some features in Windows 7 that prevents some older software from being compatible.  You should contact Casio Support about your experience with this.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:26 PM
  • Hi,

As Rick Dee mentioned, this issue may occur if the driver is not compatible with Windows 7.

You can try the following steps. If the issue persists, you may need to contact casio to obtain the correct driver.

Reinstall USB controllers

-----------------------------

Use the Mouse

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Use the Keyboard

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the “Start” menu.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

4. Press "Right" and expand it.

5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all controllers automatically.

If it does not work, try the following steps:

Install built-in driver

==========================

1. Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.

2. Find out your USB device in Other Device or Universal Serial Bus controllers category.

3. Right click on it and click Update Driver Software…

4. Select the "Browse my computer for driver software".

5. Check "Include subfolder" box, and click Browse…

6. Browse to C:\windows folder, find out a folder named inf and high-light it and click OK.

7. Click Next.

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, October 23, 2009 6:32 AM
  • I was going a little more in-depth on this and was hoping it would help someone else or someone would have an "ah ha" moment about it. Here is the failed install log for the driver. Obviously it sees some device connected matching the description.

10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     ++
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     LANGUAGE 00000009
    10/25-17:29:23          GetOSVersion      si.wProcessorArchitecture = 0x9
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     C:\Program Files (x86)\CASIO\GzOC_USBDRV\Lx640009.dll LOAD FAILED : last error -> 0x0000007E(126)
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     ---------------------------------------------------------------
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     Disk Free Size : 29564522496
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     INSTALLER VER : 2.1.812.19193, 2.1.812.19193
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     PRODUCT_NAME : CASIO Gz'One Boulder USB Driver
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     PRODUCT_PUBLISHER : CHMC CO,.LTD
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     PRODUCT_WEB_SITE : http://www.chmc.com
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SETUP_FILE_NAME : Setup.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SETUP_FILE_NAME_AMD64 : Setup64.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SETUP_FILE_NAME_IA64 : Setup64A.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     UNINSTALL_FILE_NAME : Uninstall.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     UNINSTALL_FILE_NAME_AMD64 : Uninstall64.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     UNINSTALL_FILE_NAME_IA64 : Uninstall64A.exe
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     MOBILE_USB_DRIVER_UNINSTALL_KEY : Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{676E0B8A-00BE-4554-B7F0-66ED41E5E5F3}
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     MOBILE_USB_DRIVER_SOFTWARE_KEY : SOFTWARE\CHMC\GzOC_USB_DRIVER
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SETUP_MUTEX_NAME : GzOCsetup
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     UINSTALLER_MUTEX_NAME : GzOCuninst
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     MOBILE_USB_FUNC_NUM : 3
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     MOBILE_USB_FUNC_FILE_NUM : 3
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     MOBILE_DRIVER_TYPE : GzOC*.*
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     DEFAULT_DRIVER_PROGRAM_PATH : CASIO\GzOC_USBDRV
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SERVICE_SECTION_STR : GzOC.Install.NT.Services
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     SERVICE_SECTION_STR2 : GzOC.Install.NT.Services
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     HWID_NUM : 1
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_HWID[0] = USB\Vid_1967&Pid_4004 , g_uc_checkConnect[0] = 1
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverFile[0] = GzOCBus.sys(V2, 1, 812, 19193)
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverFile[1] = GzOCMdm.sys(V2, 1, 812, 19193)
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverFile[2] = GzOCVSP.sys(V2, 1, 812, 19193)
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_CatFile[0] = GzOCdrv.cat
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_CatFile[1] = 
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_CatFile[2] = 
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverName[0] = GzOCBus
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverName[1] = GzOCMdm
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_DriverName[2] = GzOCVSP
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_INFFile[0] = GzOCBus.inf
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_INFFile[1] = GzOCMdm.inf
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     g_sz_INFFile[2] = GzOCVSP.inf
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::InitInstance     ---------------------------------------------------------------
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     ++
    10/25-17:29:23          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     Args[1]  = -quiet
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     Args[2]  = -msi_mode
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     Found MSI_MODE cmd
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     Args[3]  = -check_connect
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing      CmdLine  CHECK_CONNECT_DEVICE = TRUE, USB\Vid_1967&Pid_4004
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::CommandLineParsing     --
    10/25-17:29:24          GetOSVersion      si.wProcessorArchitecture = 0x9
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::InitInstance     -- return code 00000009
    10/25-17:29:24          CSetupApp::ExitInstance     Exit code 00000009

Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:39 PM
  • I have contacted support about this issue. They offer no answers except " the phone was made before windows 7 so the software won't work on it" they didn't offer any solutions. Its a shame the software is obsolete already. I have only had the phone for six weeks. I am no software expert to say the least, but why couldnt they make a new program that could be used and make it availible on-line?
    Friday, January 29, 2010 8:41 PM
  • I have contacted support about this issue. They offer no answers except " the phone was made before windows 7 so the software won't work on it" they didn't offer any solutions. Its a shame the software is obsolete already. I have only had the phone for six weeks. I am no software expert to say the least, but why couldnt they make a new program that could be used and make it availible on-line?

The decision as to whether to write an updated driver is based on Cost Analysis.  Is it Cost Effective for a company to support older hardware?  That's a decision Casio must make in this case.  It's not a decision made by Microsoft.  Microsoft writes the Operating System (OS) and the hardware manufacutrer/vendor makes the decision on whether or not to provide software and drivers to support their hardware.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:40 PM
  • I got mine to work.  I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  Here's what I did.

1. I installed the usb driver on an old XP machine at a friends house. 

2. I copied the folder under c:\Program Files named CASIO to a thumb drive.

3. I placed the folder named CASIO on my computer running Windows 7 (I don't think it's important where you put this folder.  I put mine in the Program Files folder)

4. Hook up the phone to the computer and let it fail to find the driver.

5. Open up the Device Manager and look for the Failed Device (Little yellow mark next to it)

6. Right click on the failed device and update the driver, pointing it to the CASIO folder (make sure search subdirectories is checked).  This created a c721 USB Composite Device.

7. After I did this, two new failed devices showed up in the device manager.  I updated their drivers (pointing to the CASIO folder) and they came in as a Modem and a Virtual Serial Port.

8. I threw the DVD that came with the phone in and installed the photo viewing software.

open the casio photo software and it finds your phone and downloads all the images perfectly.  

I can't figure out why they don't update the installer to work with Windows 7, but this workaround makes me happy and hopefully helps others out there.  

Now I just need to find out where these pictures are stored so I can see them outside of the Casio Photo Software!

EDIT: I found the pictures. C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CHMC\Digital Photo Album for the CASIO EXILIM Phone\2010 

• Proposed as answer by jearle Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:08 PM
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:08 PM
  • Thank you very much for sharing ... It worked perfectly ...

Friday, June 04, 2010 3:10 PM
  • I did the same thing, but without the other computer.  If you run the installer on Windows7, it will say it's un-compressing an .msi file. copy that file from the temp directory, and you can extract the CASIO folder using the msiexec command.

msiexec /a filepath to MSI file /qb TARGETDIR=filepath to target folder

Then precede as jearle did.

• Proposed as answer by jbp22r6 Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:31 PM
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:22 AM
  • Thank you!  This worked great for me as well.  Thanks for the edit with the folder location!
    Monday, June 14, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Hi i am having the same problem as everyone else and i see you have a solution to this problem only thing is am not as computer savy as you all are so what i'm saying is if its not to much to ask could you give me the steps in the very simplist way possible. i'm not sure where to find the temp directory like you were saying and i don't understand how you transfer the  .msi file. or where it even goes.  sorry if this is to much to explain like i said i'm a moron when it comes to these thing and i really want my driver installed. thanks
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:30 PM
  • Hi i am having the same problem as everyone else and i see you have a solution to this problem only thing is am not as computer savy as you all are so what i'm saying is if its not to much to ask could you give me the steps in the very simplist way possible. i'm not sure where to find the temp directory like you were saying and i don't understand how you transfer the  .msi file. or where it even goes.  sorry if this is to much to explain like i said i'm a moron when it comes to these thing and i really want my driver installed. thanks

I have same issue and do not know how to get this file so please explain for me too!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:04 PM
  • @Jearle...THANK you.  I was about to return the phone, this worked like a charm!
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Could you come up with some detailed steps for us noobs? I just got the phone and I'm very disapointed the driver won't install.
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:43 AM
  • For those of you who are having trouble following those instructions, here are some steps (make sure your account has administrative privileges):

1. Start the driver installation and let it fail with the error message mentioned above.

2. Open a new Windows Explorer windows (just click on My Computer) and in the address bar on the top of the window, type in C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\AppData. Where {YOUR USERNAME} is replaced with the name of your Windows account.

3. While looking at the contents of that folder, go into search bar on the top right of the window and type in "CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.msi" (without quotes). Wait for the search to finish. It should list the file for your in the results. Right click on it and select "Open file location".

4. Copy all the files in that folder to a new folder somewhere near the root of the C drive for easier navigation. For example, create a folder C:\CasioDriver\ and copy all the files to that folder. In the new folder, rename the "CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.msi" file to "driver.msi" to save yourself typing later.

5. Open the Windows Start Menu and near the bottom, in the box which says "Search programs and files", type in "cmd" (no quotes). Press Enter.

6. In the command prompt which comes up, type in: "msiexec /a C:\CasioDriver\driver.msi".

7. An installation window should come up at this point. Click the "Next" button. Under the "Network location:" field, type in "C:\CasioDriver\Extracted". Finish the installation process.

8. Plug in the phone, and wait for windows to fail at finding the drivers.

9. Open the Start Menu, and click Control Panel. Then click Hardware and Sound, and finally under Devices and Printers click Device Manager.

10. You should see a list of devices attached to your computer in a tree format. Look for the "Other Devices" branch (or they may be under another branch). There should be 2 or 3 devices listed with the name "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". The icon next to them should have a yellow warning sign. Right click on each device with that name and select "Update Driver Software...".

11. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".

12. On the next screen type in "C:\CasioDriver\Extracted" and make sure the Include Subfolders option below is selected. Click next and Windows should then install the driver. Again, do this for all the devices with the name mentioned above in step 10.

At this point you should be able to install the photo album and download your pictures.

• Proposed as answer by roberto.s Friday, July 23, 2010 4:58 PM
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Roberto, thank you for the detailed instructions.  Within five minutes of finding this thread via Google I had my device working, no thanks of course to the hacks at Casio. :)
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:38 PM
  • When I do Step 6. I receive the following:  "msiexec is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".  Any suggestions for help?

Friday, August 20, 2010 1:42 AM
  • Thanks a Million.

It was very frustrating to get a new phone that touts features that don't work with (currently) pretty standard software. Had no idea the phone was so "old".

Anyway, this fix worked like a charm. Clear, Concise. Very useful.

Something I should add for others like me: msiexec didn't like my path when I had a space in the folder name (C:\Drivers\Casio Phone\Driver.msi). Removing the space between Casio and Phone worked immediately.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:13 PM
  • Did it for me too, it's my wife's phone that I picked out for her because of the camera.  So you helped me save face.  Thx!  props to jearle too!
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Try using this to install your exilim driver it worked for me. Hope it helps you all too. :o)

Friday, October 29, 2010 5:17 AM
  • I got mine to work.  I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  Here's what I did.

3. I placed the folder named CASIO on my computer running Windows 7 (I don't think it's important where you put this folder.  I put mine in the Program Files folder)

5. Open up the Device Manager and look for the Failed Device (Little yellow mark next to it)

6. Right click on the failed device and update the driver, pointing it to the CASIO folder (make sure search subdirectories is checked).  This created a c721 USB Composite Device.

7. After I did this, two new failed devices showed up in the device manager.  I updated their drivers (pointing to the CASIO folder) and they came in as a Modem and a Virtual Serial Port.

8. I threw the DVD that came with the phone in and installed the photo viewing software.

open the casio photo software and it finds your phone and downloads all the images perfectly.  

I can't figure out why they don't update the installer to work with Windows 7, but this workaround makes me happy and hopefully helps others out there.  

Now I just need to find out where these pictures are stored so I can see them outside of the Casio Photo Software!

EDIT: I found the pictures. C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CHMC\Digital Photo Album for the CASIO EXILIM Phone\2010 

ok so i did this but it wont let me point the failed device to the file......i dont know why but it was fun getting to the file i hooked up an old ghetto xp machine i had! thanks for help

Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:14 AM
  • hey, This is AWESOME I tried it and NO HITCHES!!  WOOHOO!  I've been working on this for some time as time permits-- Cool.  Sad that Casio or Verizon won't give a workaround, but THANKS for you, GUYS!!

Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Bravo!  I just got this phone from Verizon 1)Because it was free and 2)I just wanted a flip phone. I was pretty depressed because I couldn't get the drivers to install on Win 7 - then I found your directions.  THANK YOU! 
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:21 AM
  • For those of you who are having trouble following those instructions, here are some steps (make sure your account has administrative privileges):

1. Start the driver installation and let it fail with the error message mentioned above.

2. Open a new Windows Explorer windows (just click on My Computer) and in the address bar on the top of the window, type in C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\AppData. Where {YOUR USERNAME} is replaced with the name of your Windows account.

3. While looking at the contents of that folder, go into search bar on the top right of the window and type in "CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.msi" (without quotes). Wait for the search to finish. It should list the file for your in the results. Right click on it and select "Open file location".

4. Copy all the files in that folder to a new folder somewhere near the root of the C drive for easier navigation. For example, create a folder C:\CasioDriver\ and copy all the files to that folder. In the new folder, rename the "CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.msi" file to "driver.msi" to save yourself typing later.

5. Open the Windows Start Menu and near the bottom, in the box which says "Search programs and files", type in "cmd" (no quotes). Press Enter.

6. In the command prompt which comes up, type in: "msiexec /a C:\CasioDriver\driver.msi".

7. An installation window should come up at this point. Click the "Next" button. Under the "Network location:" field, type in "C:\CasioDriver\Extracted". Finish the installation process.

9. Open the Start Menu, and click Control Panel. Then click Hardware and Sound, and finally under Devices and Printers click Device Manager.

10. You should see a list of devices attached to your computer in a tree format. Look for the "Other Devices" branch (or they may be under another branch). There should be 2 or 3 devices listed with the name "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". The icon next to them should have a yellow warning sign. Right click on each device with that name and select "Update Driver Software...".

12. On the next screen type in "C:\CasioDriver\Extracted" and make sure the Include Subfolders option below is selected. Click next and Windows should then install the driver. Again, do this for all the devices with the name mentioned above in step 10.

At this point you should be able to install the photo album and download your pictures.

Confirmed these instructions work.  Much appriciated.  Silly that Casio doesn't provide adequate drivers, Windows 7 has been out well over a year.
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:29 AM

I've done everything up until step 6. Once I get to this section and type the necessary info into CMD, I get a message saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." Any suggestions?
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:13 PM
  • I have a reply that seems to have posted above if you could give it a look. It's right under bspbsp's post.
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:14 PM
  • Is work on my computer. I use my phone with my computer. I did update driver. I am happy now.

Monday, December 06, 2010 12:45 AM
  • You are a genius!  And so generous with your time!
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:39 PM
  • I can't get software to work using your guide. I try to install casio usb v1.0.8003.1229 driver on my W7 32 and it  says before set up eject drive, It rolls back saying it was interrupted and to complete at another time and nothing installs. Then I follow your guide on step 1 and navigate to C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\AppData and search for CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.ms but I get no results.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 4:48 AM
  • Okay I was able to CASIO USB Driver V1.0.8003.1229.ms in C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\AppData  search by doing the following:

When installing software wait until I get the Before setup eject drive popup and searching at that time leaving the popup message on the screen without clicking ok.

The problem I'm having now is in step 6 I get I get a message saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it.

Friday, December 10, 2010 6:05 AM

I've done everything up until step 6. Once I get to this section and type the necessary info into CMD, I get a message saying "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." Any suggestions?

I had this problem too, got the "this installation package could not be opened..." any help please?
    Sunday, January 02, 2011 2:56 AM

This worked for me as well.  Thank you sooooo much!!!!  I got this phone so I would always have video and picture capability with me.  I didn't want to miss capturing a moment of my baby because I forgot my camera at home.
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:33 PM
  • I got this to work on a Win 7 machine that had Admin privileges, however, now I am dealing with restricted access on a new machine. Is there any place I can put the CASIO directory that will allow the system to load them automatically?Without Admin rights, I cannot update the driver in Device Manager. I also do not have access to update the System32 directory. Any thought or possibilities?
    • Edited by SHWaldman Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:39 AM punctuation error
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:38 AM
  • can anyone put link to drivers back up,thanks in advance.
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 4:54 AM
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i was able to install the program through these steps!!!

i wish i knew about technologies as much as u do like this....

Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Thanks so much! This solution worked great!
    • Proposed as answer by drummer4864 Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by drummer4864 Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:03 AM
    Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:03 AM