none
Display driver failed to start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody

Since last week i have been getting a message called "Display driver failed to start". I don't know if it was caused by a windows update or by a nvidia update. When the pc is in idle it starts to freeze randomly and then I have to restart the whole computer. And when I reboot somethis it freezes already at the booting process. How can I fix this? I already ran sfc /scannow but it didn't find anything. Sometimes when i boot up my pc, my tv can't get any videosignal and my pc starts to beep six times. 

• Win 10 home 
    • Version 1709 OS Build 16299.334
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM

Thx and have a nice day.

• Edited by gta4127 Friday, March 30, 2018 4:53 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 7:37 AM

All replies

• If you do a search for ' beep six times' that is normally related to a graphic card issue. Try removing the video checking the connections are clean and reseating it, and try another slot for it see if that helps.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 5:55 PM
  • when I reboot somethis it freezes already at the booting process. How can I fix this?

Others are having a blank screen after Sleep too where apparently they can't input at all.  So, when you "have to restart the whole computer" can you at least do a resume from Hibernate instead?  Also, for this problem screen scenario and others I have been suggesting people try using a boot menu.  Doing that would allow you to switch temporarily to a Low res video driver, also hopefully for a Resume but I'm less clear about that possibility.  Once you have booted in Low res you can switch to a different video driver by using the Project dialog.  Another potential but less defined workaround would be pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+B.  FWIW I use it mostly out of curiosity to know what it is going to come up with next.   ; )

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, March 31, 2018 6:35 PM
  • If you do a search for ' beep six times' that is normally related to a graphic card issue. Try removing the video checking the connections are clean and reseating it, and try another slot for it see if that helps.

Due to those beeps I opened my computer yesterday and disconnected the graphic card. When I took the graphic card a plastic "bolt" and a spring fell. So I opened the graphic card and looked where those pieces were missing. On the graphic card there was a metal thing which looked like TTTTT (if you google for "760 gtx open" then you know what i mean)and those bolt and spring where from there. I placed them back there and put the graphic card back in to the pc. Since then my computer runs normally.

Sorry for the bad english

Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Your English is fine.

Hopefully that is it solved then.

Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you have found a solution and thank you for sharing it here, it will be helpful to other community members who have same questions.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:54 AM