none
Registry keys of office RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to export some Outlook's registry keys. 

For outlook 2019 the key is: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles

For Outlook 2013 the key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles

On my computer (logged in on administrator account) the key is visible and i can export it. On the computers of the domain users (logged in on non-administrator accounts, regedit tool is disabled for them) the key is invisible. I was opening registry editor as Administrator (right click>run as administrator [with my credentials]).

Can anyone help me to find the keys ? I want to export them and import after reinstalling of outlook ( and do not enter accounts data again).

Kind Regards,

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi JŻ,

It’s normal, because domain user accounts don’t have admin privileges, but registry modification needs admin privilege…

So what you can do is using admin account login your users’ computer then export and import.

Or temporarily add domain users into Administrator group then execute export.

Regards

lease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Thank you for answer.

Disabling GPO, which prevents my users from registry editing works - the key mentioned above is visible. For testing purposes i opened regedit.exe as standard user from its computer.

The thing is that i was running regedit.exe as Administrator with elevated prompt window, using admin password. It was done on the same, standard user account. And there was no desired key...

It's very annoying. Why running registry with administrator privileges (on users account) doesn't show desired registry keys ?

Regards

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:39 AM
  • For root cause of this question you'd better open a request ticket with Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hub/4343728/support-for-business

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:18 AM