none
HP pavilion dv 2000 series webcam issue

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion dv2000 series laptop with windows XP and the webcam is not working.
    I had by mistake tried to install an external webcam which conflicted with the internal and now
    the inbuilt webcam is not working. it says the drivers are not installed, Can anyone reply to me
    in how to resolve this issue?
    Friday, January 04, 2008 11:46 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi Jonita,

Thank you for the post.

Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Vista issues in this forum. As your issue is related to Windows XP, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. I suggest discussing the issue in our Windows XP newsgroup.

I have included our Windows XP newsgroup below for your reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&lang=en&cr=US

I hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 07, 2008 6:16 AM
  • hi,

i have the same problem, the drivers for the hp dv2000 with vista do not work properly and as a result i cant use the inbuilt webcam. This is becoming more and more annoying as i bought this laptop for business and am not able to have video conferences. I was wondering if you know of the new driver for the dv2000 webcam for vista as my vista came pre-installed. I have seen forums with postings of it being a vista problem, hopefully you have found the solution. Waiting for ur response urgently.

Raj

Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:14 AM
  • I have the same equipment (HP Pavilion dv2000) running Vista Home Premium - this webcam is not working.  The system is a refurb we bought recently; had a bad hdd which HP replaced; when I reloaded the system with the "same-as-factory" installation, the webcam / mike is not functioning.

help, please...

Kent

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:07 PM
  • I have a similar problem but with Vista... my webcam is not working at all.

How do I get it to work? do I need to get a downloaded program or something?

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am Satish Pandey & I am facing a problem in my laptop. Its model no. is hp pavillion dv 2601tx. I have installed windows xp in it, But I Quickplay is not working in it. From where I'll found its driver for it. I'll satishfy when I'll found only webcam recording driver. Plese help me.

regards

satish pandey

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:57 AM
  •  bad_dolly_lieselotte wrote:

I have a similar problem but with Vista... my webcam is not working at all.

How do I get it to work? do I need to get a downloaded program or something?

Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:34 AM
  • Hi Tim,
    I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 running Vista and I'm unable to get my camera to work. The light comes on, but I'm unable to see any picture. I've reloaded the drivers but the same keeps happening. I've tried using SightSpeed and the same issue occurs.  Additionally I'm unable to locate the folder on the C drive or anywhere else on the computer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sphinx7
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:59 PM