none
WLAN connectivity issues

Question

• I am a computer connected by WiFi to another computer (in the next room), my name is SALT, the other computer is PEPPER. Before the move to Windows 10, SALT and PEPPER were automatically connected each startup. Now they aren't.

PEPPER used to be in my Network folder in Explorer; now it is not.

How is network connectivity achieved in Windows 10? It is either very complex or very simple...either way, I cannot do it.

Advice is gratefully accepted

Regards

Thursday, November 09, 2017 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to use remote desktop app to connect another computer.

How to use the Remote Desktop app to connect to a PC on Windows 10

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-remove-desktop-app-connect-pc-windows-10-0

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:50 AM
  • Kind regards Tao, I will try this and report back.

Tnx

Robert

Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:34 AM
  • OK, did that successfully. Now I have complete access to my wifes computer with the added advantage of turfing her off when I connect. While fun for a short while it was decided that this solution was more about remotely accessing your own computer, and not accessing shared components of a central computer. As it turns out I stumbled on a way to see PEPPER in my Network listing (albeit temporarily) by:

/************

Run

\\PEPPER\SHARED_FOLDER

/************

A pain, but it has returned peace and tranquility to the cosy cottage

Again, thx for bothering Tao...

Cheers

Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? 

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

12 hours 57 minutes ago