none
Preinstalled windows updates in Windows 7 Professional on new branded Notebook PC RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently supplied a client with a new Notebook PC which was preloaded by the manufacturer with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  The installed updates history lists updates with various 'installed on' dates going right back to November 2010, but the machine was delivered to us new in March 2014.  Does this sound in order?

I should like to add that the notebook was delivered from the factory to distribution in February 2014, and arrived with us in a sealed box.

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:12 PM

Answers

• Yup, all that sounds correct.  What happens is OEM's use an image precreated at an earlier date with everything they would like on the laptops.....such as drivers, trial software, and even updates.  This helps to ensure its a hands free and quick installation of the OS and required apps to quickly give the machine to you without their installation technicians having to spend hours installing updates and drivers,etc.  All should be well.  

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:08 PM