none
Help repair windows defender. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 7 hp laptop. I want to activate all of windows' good stuff, so I updated immediately after it got a screen repair from the geek squad at best buy. After I am done, I look at the update history and the security updates said to have failed. I tried opening windows defender, but it says application not found. I try to go online and get it, but they just say " you already have windows blah blah blah dont need to install". Please help me install/repair windows defender!
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:15 AM

Answers

• Click Start=>type defender in the search box and look for the program files to ensure they are still on the computer. If Windows Defender is in the program results, click on it to launch the interface. Then select Tools, then options and confirm real-time protection is turned-on as well as the other settings are to your preferences.

Your desktop shortcut may be bad if the above worked. 

Then, Click Start=>type msconfig in the search box=>select it from the programs results=>select the services tab=>scroll down to the w's and find Windows defender in the list.

Is there a check in box? If no, select it (check it),=>select Ok=>close out and restart the computer. If yes, it is ok. Cancel and close out.

The Geek Squad, really? Support a local entrepreneur IT\computer shop instead, unless it was a warranty job. You can get references. 

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:32 PM

All replies

• Click Start=>type defender in the search box and look for the program files to ensure they are still on the computer. If Windows Defender is in the program results, click on it to launch the interface. Then select Tools, then options and confirm real-time protection is turned-on as well as the other settings are to your preferences.

Your desktop shortcut may be bad if the above worked. 

Then, Click Start=>type msconfig in the search box=>select it from the programs results=>select the services tab=>scroll down to the w's and find Windows defender in the list.

Is there a check in box? If no, select it (check it),=>select Ok=>close out and restart the computer. If yes, it is ok. Cancel and close out.

The Geek Squad, really? Support a local entrepreneur IT\computer shop instead, unless it was a warranty job. You can get references. 

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Sypher2,

In case Nano's solution doesn't work:

Did you install Microsoft Security Essintinals?
    If this is the case MSE will disable Windows Defender (because MSE does the same job + Scanning for antiviruses).

Else run the system file checker.
    More info is aviable here:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Let is know if this solves your problem.

Kind Regards
    DFT

IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:29 PM
  • Windows defender and MSE do NOT do the same job and one does not replace the other. If windows defender is not working, Internet explorer will flag all downloads as viruses. Regardless of what other security software you may have installed, win vista and win7 use defender as the download security for IE. Unfortunately, none of the "answers" on this page address or solve the problem. As soon as I get an actual solution I will post it.
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:58 AM
  • Windows defender and MSE do NOT do the same job and one does not replace the other. If windows defender is not working, Internet explorer will flag all downloads as viruses. Regardless of what other security software you may have installed, win vista and win7 use defender as the download security for IE. Unfortunately, none of the "answers" on this page address or solve the problem. As soon as I get an actual solution I will post it.

Hi Ronald,

Are you the original poster or do you have a similar issue?

If you have an HP computer with the OEM install, they may have removed or disabled the ability to start the old version of Windows Defender, leaving their security program trial version only.

If you type Windows Defender in the search box, does the program or files exist on your computer?

Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

I'm not Ronald, but I have a similar problem with an old laptop I plan to donate to missionaries who will soon be returning to Mozambique (in about 2 weeks).  In the course of system cleaning and deleting all of my personal information, I uninstalled Norton 360 (they won't be able to afford to continue the subscription plus they won't have a reliable internet connection for the frequent updates from Symnatec), and I reinstalled MSE.  

After further looking around, I discovered Windows Defender IS still present on my old laptop BUT the Windows Action Center indicates Windows Defender has been "turned off" AND I haven't found any way to turn Windows Defender back on or to uninstall and then reinstall it. 

Any suggestions?  I'd hate to donate a computer to someone when it is only partially protected against malware.

Thanks,

Curtis

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:58 AM
  • Hi Health Maven,

Which OS is installed on the laptop?

Have you tried searching for the application and turning it on as described previously?

It's only in Windows 8 that Defender became part of Microsoft Security Essentials.

You may want to create a new user account for the recipients with Administrative privileges and then log into the new account and delete yours.
    • Edited by Nano Warp Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:57 AM add'l info
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:51 AM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

Since my first e-mail, I've done a lot of looking around my OS files, and I've found the following:

Windows defender is NOT listed under "Programs & Features" - like M.S.E. is - thus it can't be uninstalled then reinstalled; BUT, it IS installed on my system as evidenced by the fact there are appropriate *.exe, *.dll, etc. files in folders labeled "Windows Defender" in all of the following locations [I have screen shots documenting everything said here and below if you need to see them]: 1) C:/Program Files/Windows Defender, 2) C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Defender, 3) C:/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows Defender, and 4)  C:/Windows/System32/Tasks/Microsoft/Windows Defender

Also, Windows Defender NOT listed in the Action Center, but the following are -

Windows Firewall - ON

Window Update - ON

MSE functions - ON

Internet Security - at recommended levels

Network Access Protection Agent - OFF

All security messages - ON (except Backup which is set for every 2 weeks)

=> => => i.e. - Windows Defender - IS NOT LISTED AT ALL

I've tried the following -
    ========================

1) When I try to run Windows Defender Manually by double clicking "Program Files/Windows Defender/MSASCui.exe", I get a pop-up window stating "This program is turned off".

2) When I click a link in that pop-up window that says "click here to turn it on", I get a "swirling circle" then after a minute or two it disappears and I get a Windows Defender error box including the following Error Code: 0x800106ba.  Clicking OK in the error box just closes the box.

3) Even though the error box also indicates I should be able to solve the problem by either 1) restarting Windows Defender manually which doesn't work as I said above or 2) by restarting the computer but this DOES NOT solve the problem either and I've tried both at least a half dozen times.

4) Going online to "http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/using-windows-defender" and following the suggestion posted there - i.e. go to the Control Panel and type "Defender" in the search box then follow the directions to turn on Windows Defender does no good either as the box that pops up is the exact same box described in "item #2)" above and clicking on the "click here to turn it on" link in the yields the exact same results as well - namely the same pop-up window that states "This program is turned off" and a box that says OK which closes the window when clicked.

Then I contacted Symantec and asked for their assistance in solving the problem as it was the installation and uninstall of N360 that caused the whole problem.  Their response was "It's all Microsoft's fault.  When you install 3rd party security software, Window shuts down Window Defender so it won't conflict with the 3rd party software installed."  I don't know whether to believe them or not or if they are just passing the buck.

So, What can you tell me about "Error Code: 0x800106ba" that might help me turn Windows Defender back on?  I really don't want to give an insecure laptop to the missionary I'm donating it to as I mentioned in my first e-mail.

As a last resort -
    ========================

I've considered doing a manual uninstall of Windows Defender and then reinstalling; but, I can't find any site where Windows Defender can be downloaded so I can't do that.

I also discovered programs on the web - e.g. at a site called "Wiki-Errors" (which, by the way, is given a clean bill of health by Norton 360 and McAfee BUT which is said to be suspect by Web of Trust - i.e. claims to fix the "Error Code: 0x800106ba problem" but is really "hostage ware" according to some reviews I read; but, I don't know personally as I didn't think it wise to run/install them an possible find out the hard way.

Bottom Line -
    ========================
    How can I fix the "Error Code: 0x800106ba" that I'm getting and turn on Windows Defender?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Curtis Baird

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:07 AM
  • Health Maven,

You have not told which OS you are using.

Which one?

If it is Win 7, you have done everything but what I instructed in the previous reply.

Click Start=>type defender in the search box and look for the program files to ensure they are still on the computer. If Windows Defender is in the program results, click on it to launch the interface. Then select Tools, then options and confirm real-time protection is turned-on as well as the other settings are to your preferences. Then select Save. Close out.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

I really appreciate the time you are putting in to help me solve this problem.

To start, the HP laptop I am donating to the missionary from Mozambique is running Windows 7 (64-bit) Professional which I installed over top of Windows XP (as an upgrade) shortly after Win 7 came out, and I have kept it up-to-date since by applying fixes and updates as they were released.

FYI, I did try what you suggested - i.e. enter "defender" in Start Box Search, but when I clicked on Windows Defender I got the results described in my last e-mail, namely a Windows Defender Window that said "This Program is turned off".  HOWEVER, this evening when turned on the laptop for the first time and did as you said once again, when I clicked on the "Windows Defender" result in the search box results (actually two choices come up - "Windows Defender" & "Scan for spyware") an actual Windows Defender Window actually opened for the first time.

Further, the Windows Defender Window that opened had a box in it that asked if I wanted to update the definitions.  At the bottom of the main window it indicated the last scan performed was on 02/17/2010. It also indicated the antispyware definitions currently installed are Version 1.117.2549.0 created 02/09/2012 (which makes no sense unless it happened when I briefly uninstalled N360 before installing an update).

Getting back to the Windows Defender Window that opened for the first time, when I clicked yes to update the definitions, the update box disappeared and, after a pause, a "Service Has Stopped" Box appeared containing the message "A problem caused this program's service to stop.  To start the service, click the 'Start Now' button or restart your computer".

When I clicked the "Start Now" button, I got the "swirling busy circle", and after a minute or two I got the exact same error message pop-up window I described in my last e-mail to you - i.e. Error Code: 0x800106ba - along with an OK button.

When I clicked the OK button, the error box closed, but the Windows Defender Window stayed open and it still contained the same message - i.e. "A problem caused this program's service to stop.  To start the service, click the 'Start Now' button or restart your computer".  Since clicking the "Start Now" button accomplished nothing, I restarted the system.

After restarting, I searched for "defender" in the Start Box and when I clicked on Windows Defender, I got the same message I've gotten every time except for the last just described - i.e. a box that says "This Program is turned off".  Clicking the "Scan for spyware and other potentially unwanted software" option in the Start Box Search also gives be a box that says "This Program is turned off - Click here to turn it on".  And, clicking it gives me the usual swirling busy circle, and subsequently the dreaded "Error Code: 0x800106ba" box.

So, I turned off my laptop, let it sit for a few minutes, and turned it on again.  Searched for "Defender", clicked on "Windows Defender" and got the "Service Has Stopped" Box containing the message "A problem caused this program's service to stop.  To start the service, click the 'Start Now' button or restart your computer".  Except this time when I clicked on "Start Now", a Windows Defender Window opened again asking me if I wanted to update definitions.  This time when I clicked "Yes", after a pause, I got a new box - an Update Status Box containing the message - "The program can't check for definition updates. Error found: 0x80004004 [I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS ERROR CODE BEFORE]. Operation Aborted with a link to "Go online to view trouble shooting tips". 

Then, over top of this Windows Defender Window a second Windows Defender window popped up that said "This program is turned off.  If you are using another program that checks for harmful or unwanted software, use the Action Center to check that program's status.  If you would like to use this program, click here to turn it on."

When I checked the Action Center, I noticed there had been a change since yesterday - i.e. Windows Defender is now listed and it wasn't yesterday (although its status is turned off) along with MSE as "Installed Spyware Protection Programs". 

I closed the second pop-up window - it seemed there was little point in trying to turn on Windows Defender when I know it can't check for definition updates - but when I did so, the window with the link to "Go online to view trouble shooting tips" closed as well.  And, I couldn't get Windows Defender restarted and I've not been able to get back to the "Go online to view trouble shooting tips" link. 

So, I rebooted again, and again I got the "This Program is turned off box" again but clicked on "click here to turn it on" and Windows Defender opened again -BUT- it shut down again when it tried  to download updates, and it wouldn't restart as it had turned itself off.

My laptop connects to the internet without any problems at all.  So, I went to the Microsoft Windows Defender definitions update site and downloaded the latest definitions.  I was unable to run the definition update program after Windows Defender turned itself off (I guess you can't update a programs that has turned itself off).  So, I rebooted the laptop, turned on Windows Defender, but I can't get it to turn itself back on even though the OS knows it's there and there is now an icon for Windows Defender in the Control Panel which I can't open.- I keep getting the same message - Windows Defender is "turned off".

It's about 1:15 AM and finally, I've gotten Windows Defender to open again to the point where it asks if I want to look for updates.  At this point I tried I tried to run the Windows Defender Definition update program I just downloaded from Microsoft, but Windows Defender didn't like that and it stopped and couldn't be restarted - i.e. it turned itself off [the dreaded Error Code: 0x800106ab again].

At this point it's 1:45 AM and I'm going to bed. 

Again, I really appreciate the time you are putting in to help me solve this problem.  Maybe something I said in my blow-by-blow account of how I spent my evening with give you an idea of how to solve my problem before the missionary need to leave for Mozambique.

Sincerely,

Curtis Baird

Friday, July 26, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Ok. Nice work. So, it appears that Norton turned it off and it will not reactivate normally or there are corrupted files.

Let's try this first:

Run this Norton uninstallation tool to be sure it is completely uninstalled. Download it and run it. It is safe from a trusted source-Symantic via Eset Security. or get it directly from Symantec here.

Then check to see if Defender is running and will update properly. You may also have to update Defender via Windows Update. Run Windows Update manually and check important and optional updates.

Restart the computer and see if Defender is working.

Lastly, do you know how to boot from the Windows 7 DVD? Try booting from the installation DVD and after language selection, select Repair at the bottom left. When you get the options, select Startup repair and follow the instructions. If you don't have the DVD, try pressing F8 when the computer starts to get the Repair option.

• Edited by Nano Warp Friday, July 26, 2013 4:29 PM added hyper-link
    Friday, July 26, 2013 4:23 PM
  • What if the system config /services box shows Windows Defender as STOPPED and already has a check mark in it?
    Friday, July 26, 2013 11:50 PM
  • The vendor of the anti-malware software that you are using may have stopped the dependent services or something else stopped them.

To check, select Start=>Administrative Tools=>Component Services=>Services Local=>double-click Windows Defender=>select the Dependencies tab=>check to confirm that the Remote Call Procedure and DCOM and RPC Endpoint Mapper are started. If not start them. Close out and reboot.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:20 AM
  • Thank you.

I see the RPC, DCOM & RPC EndPoint Mapper. But I do not see where it says if they are running or not?

I do see 'WinDefend - <Failed to Read Description. Error Code:5>'

*I did what was suggested and then restarted and still no change.

• Edited by Campbellvacl Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:07 AM added comment *
    Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:58 AM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

Below is the latest information I've collected and things seem to be worse rather than better since I ran the Norton Removal Tool.  Now I can't get Windows Defender to open at all.  Here are my notes -

I Waited until all services were loaded after startup before trying to start Windows Defender -
                           (the Action Center seems to be the last service to load)
    =========================================================

Steps taken to start Windows Defender from the Start Menu Search Box and results -
    1. from the Start Menu Search Box, search on "defender"

2. Click on the "Windows Defender"/"Scan for spyware . . ." icon 
       Result => always opens the Windows Defender "This program is turned off" pop-up box

3. click on the "click here to turn it on" link contained in the box described in #2. above
       Result => busy circle => and eventually an error message (see #4. below) ALL of the time.

[NOTE: before I ran the "Norton Removal Tool", Windows Defender would occasionally
        (i.e.- ~20% of time) open normally after doing #1 & #2 above.  In fact, I was able
        to open the "Tools" menu and check the program's "Real-Time Protection" status -
        the check box WAS CHECKED - before Windows Defender turned itself off. But, after running
        the Norton Removal Tool, Windows Defender hasn't opened normally AT ALL SINCE.)

4. When the "busy circle" times out, a Windows Defender Error Box opens as follows -
       Result => "This program's service has stopped.  You may start the program manually
       -or- restart the system. (Error Code:0x800106ba)" Clicking "OK" closes the box but
       it leaves the box described in #2. above open.

5. If you reclick the "click here to turn it on" link (as mentioned in #3. above) 
       Result => busy circle => eventually followed by a different message "This operation
       returned because the timeout period expired (Error Code: 0x800705b4)"

6. If, instead of reclicking the link mentioned in #3 & 5 above you restart the system,
       as suggested in #4 above, its back to square 1 everything above happens all over again.

Steps taken to start Windows Defender from its icon in the Control Panel and results -
    7. left or right click the Windows Defender icon in the Control Panel (it doesn't matter)
       Result => identical the result in #2. above - i.e. it opens a Windows Defender
       "This program is turned off" pop-up box which responds as described in #'s 5-6 above.

Steps taken to start Windows Defender from its icon in the Action Center Security Section
    (under Spyware & unwanted Software Protection / View installed antispyware programs) -
    8. right click Windows defender then click the "Turn on . ." button. The entry in the
       status columns blinks "out of date".  However, the adjacent "Update . ." button
       [adjacent to the "Turn on" button] is grayed out and unresponsive.

Results listed under the Services Tab for MSCONFIG -
    9. Windows Defender is listed, however, its status is given as stopped (but not disabled).

In conclusion,
    10. Windows Defender seems to be present and runnable except it keeps being turned off
    by the Operating System possibly because it is out-of-date and thus vulnerable? 

Reviewing my laptop's update history, I did 7 successful updates of Windows Defender
    from 1/24/2010 to 2/16/2010 before I installed Norton 360 but did no more thereafter.

How can my laptop's OS be convinced to allow Windows Defender to be reinstalled and/or
    to be updated once again?

----------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.- I saw the note you wrote to Campbellvacl and followed the instructions you gave him on my laptop for Windows Defender.  Here's what I found -

Immediately after startup, the Status column in the Services (local) table is blank and the startup type is "manual". Double clicking Windows Defender, the properties box shows the following dependencies in the upper box: "Remote Procedures Call (RPC)" under which is listed "DCOM Server Process Launcher" and "RPC Endpoint Mapper" (note; all these listings are in color - not grayed out like <no Dependencies> in the lower system components box.

I don't know if this information will help, but here it is for what it's worth.  Again, thank you for all your help.

HealthMaven/Curtis Baird

Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:27 AM
  • Let's set all of the services to automatic.

Start=>Adminstrative Tools=> Component Services=>select Services(local)

Next Find Windows Defender and double-click it=>General Tab in the center of the dialog box is a drop-down menu for Start-up type=>click on the arrow and select Automatic=>then select Ok

Next find Remote Procedure Call and confirm it is set to Start-up type automatic

Next find RPC Endpoint manager and confirm the Start-up type is automatic.

Finally, find DCOM Process Launcher and confirm it is set to automatic.

Close out and reboot.

Now Click Start, type Defender in the search box, select it from the results and see it you get the Defender Window to open. Check that the real-time protection box is checked in the options panel.

Try to run and update from the Defender panel

Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

I did as you suggested.  And, when I restarted the system, Defender still wouldn't run, I got the same Windows Defender "This program is turned off" and "click here to turn it on" pop-up box as before.  And, when I looked in component services, Windows Defender was back to manual, so I switched it to Automatic again and tried again.

On the third attempt, when I got the "This program is turned off", and clicked the link to turn it on, Windows Defender actually opened, new definitions downloaded automatically (Ver 1.155.831 created 07-25/2013) and I got a message that Windows Defender was up-to-date -and- there were no problems [however, the last quick scan still showed the same last scan date as before - i.e. 02-17-2010].

Immediately after that, a yellow "Service has stopped" box opened in the Windows Defender window with a "Start Now" button in it along with instructions to either click the button or restart the computer.  Clicking the button results in a "Busy Circle" that eventually pops up the red "Operation Failed Because the time out period expired (Error Code: 0x800705b4)" box previously seen.  And, when I check Component Services, Windows Defender has gone back to "manual".

And when I reset it, and restart the system, the same thing happens over and over again (at least 5 times).  While this is better than before (or maybe I should say "less bad than before"), the bottom line is the same.  Windows Defender comes up then shuts down consistently (but at least it says it's up-to-date).

What do I need to do next?  The missionaries I am donating my laptop to will be coming to town August 1.  I will be out of town August 3 & 4, and I need to give the laptop to them on or before August 7 although I had hoped to show them what all I put on it - i.e. a Portuguese word processor & Bible study program, Portuguese versions of the Piriform utilities, Malwarebytes Antimalware, and Portuguese versions of Windows Word, Excel, and PowerPoint viewers, about 30 Portuguese Christian music videos, and a whole bunch of other things.

If worse comes to worse (which I hope it doesn't), I'll have to give them the laptop without a working Windows Defender Program and pray they don't have any trouble.

Again, thanks again for all your help.

Yours in Christ,

HealthMaven

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:03 AM
  • If you can get the Defender Window up again, please check Options and place a check in the real-time services box.

Select Save.

Other than that I see no other procedure to try.

Remove Malwarebytes if you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed. It will cause problems.

One last shot as I mentioned earlier. Because there may be corrupted files, you can try a new user account.

Click Start=>Control Panel=>User Accounts and select add or remove user accounts.

Select Create a new user account=>name it New User=>select the Administrative type account button=>create a password and write it down=>then select the create account button.

When it's completed log out of the current account, log in to the new account and check if Defender is working.

Please run Windows Update manually and look for the optional updates to sure all have installed. Review the update history for any failed updates.

I truly apologize that I could not resolve the issue with you. I hope the new account will do it.

Let me me know if it does.

• Edited by Nano Warp Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:24 AM typo
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Dear Health Maven,

Please accept my apologies for leading you down the wrong path. I had forgotten that Microsoft Security Essentials disables Windows Defender in XP\Vista\and Windows 7. This is to prevent two anti-malware products from affecting performance by running real-time protection simultaneously.

See the thread here by a forum moderator: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start/windows-defender-and-microsoft-security-essentials/5309cb8d-02e1-40e8-974f-0dcedb9ab9fd

Therefore, I would say the computer is ready to go.

I am sure your efforts will be appreciated by those traveling.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:56 PM
  • Dear Nano Warp,

Apology accepted.  Now I don't have to worry that I didn't do all that I could do to make sure the laptop I'm donating was as safe as possible and that it is as clean as possible (now that all the remnants of N360 and any other Symantec software have been removed in addition to all the drive cleaning and free-space scrubbing I've already done).

Also, just in case, I installed Malwarebytes Antimalware Free Version (i.e.- it is run on-demand - NOT in the background - so it shouldn't conflict with MSE); and, I will advise the minister who receives my laptop to 1)update both MSE and Malwarebytes Antimalware first thing every time they go on-line and 2) do a full scan using both programs every time they go off-line.

If there are any other security program you can think of that I should add in addition to those mentioned, please let me know ASAP so I can install them before I have to give my laptop away.

Thanks again,

HealthMaven

P.S.- I deliberately did not put Super-Antispyware Free Version on the laptop as I feel it is too aggressive and gives too many false positives - i.e. way more than Malwarebytes Antimalware. 

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:21 AM
  • I do not think that you need the any other security program other than MSE. It will update itself automatically, including the application core if there is a change. Malwarebytes needs to have the application updated manually, which they may not know how to perform.

I would also suggest that you create a guest account for use by anyone other than the primary user. The primary user should also have a strong password and not allow anyone to use the Admin account.

Finally, an external usb hard drive, 2.5"(notebook drive) size should be sent along. You should create a system image on that drive and instruct them to do a backup and system image regularly.  also, creat the system restore disk for them(or flash drive) to perform repairs. Then if they get a drive corrupted or drive failure, they only need to wait for a new hard drive in the mail to get back up and running.

The external drive would allow backup or additional storage of photos and data also.

I feel that those steps will provide a fail safe and additional security for a tool they will find very useful and indispensable.

Please continue your support for those doing noble work.

Best Regards.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:57 AM
  • Thanks again for your help.  FYI - last night before I went to bed I made a Win7 System Restore Disk for the lap top I'm giving away as a well as a Paragon System Recovery Disc which I like better than the Window System Restore Disk in some respects - e.g. it includes a number of useful utilities on (in addition to the system restoration utility) that facilitate data recovery in case the operating system is so trashed it can't be restored - e.g. a partition recovery tool, etc.

HealthMaven.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:41 PM
  • GEEK SQUAD IS AWESOME JERK!!!
    Friday, May 15, 2015 11:36 PM