none
Business Intelligence Semantic Model folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed MSBUILD and inside the MSBUILD folder in my Program files, i can find "Business Intelligence Semantic Model" folder. But when i installed MSBUILD in my colleagues machine the folder is not available.

Would like to know if the "Business Intelligence Semantic Model" folder is a part of which installation?

Is it a part of MSBUILD or SSDT or upgrade of Visual studio or some other installation which i did and got the folder inside MSBUILD.

Reason for asking this question - When my colleague was trying to Build a tabular cube using MSBUID, it failed with the error 

"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.VSHostBuilder is not available." The error got resolved after placing the "Business Intelligence Semantic Model" folder inside his MSBUILD folder. So would like to know how this folder ("Business Intelligence Semantic Model" folder) gets created.

Cheers

Jim

Monday, November 4, 2019 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my research, it seems that  Business Intelligence Semantic Model is the feature in SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services. I don't know so much about that, also haven't used that model yet.

Besides, there are no recent official articles which are introducing that topic. Maybe it is the earlier version of SQL Server Analysis, I am not sure.

Understanding the SQL Server 2012 BI Semantic Model (BISM)

Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM)

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Links explain what is BISM. I'm looking for "how the folder Business Intelligence Semantic Model gets created inside MSBUILD".

Does it comes as a part of installation? I tried to install MSBUILD in other machines but there this folder does not appear.

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:38 AM
  • I'm looking for "how the folder Business Intelligence Semantic Model gets created inside MSBUILD".

This is not part of the core of MSBuild I believe it gets installed with SSDT BI components, specifically the SSAS designers. ("Business Intelligence Semantic Model" is just the original name for what we now call "Tabular" models)

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:34 PM