none
Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action

Question

• When I try to update Print Artist the computer goes thru the whole process and at the end I get "Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.  I also get the same error for my Flip Mino picture program and when I try to unstall the programs the same error comes up.  I am not computer illiterate, but this is beyond me.  I do not go into the registry to change things because I don't know what I am doing and don't want to make a bigger mess.  I did one solution I found , by going into the registry and taking a file out and re-registering, but it didn't help.  I really hope someone will help me and please be patient.   Thank you
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suspect you have tried the method which mentioned in the following article:

Windows Installer Errors 2738 and 2739 with Script Custom Actions

http://www.nitropdf.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10106&cNode=3D8W4P

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If not, backup your registry first, and perform the steps for test.

Also, try to boot into Clean Boot mode for test.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:00 AM