none
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. Please consult your system administrator.

Question

• The problem is as follows:

After stating my laptop or sometimes after restart I get this error:

“Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. Please consult your system administrator. ”

I am the administrator!

After searching the net for solutions I found one here:

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/#comment-2406

How to Fix “Could Not Connect to the System Event Notification Service” Error

1- Log on to your Windows system. Just ignore the error message for the time being.

2- Go to Windows Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories

3- Right click on Windows Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator. Wait for the Command Prompt to launch.

windows-vista-system-event-notificator-error-message-1

4- Using the command prompt, navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\ folder.

5- Type “netsh” and press Enter. The prompt will change to netsh>

6- Type “Winsock reset“. Press Enter once more.

windows-vista-system-event-notificator-error-message-2

7- Reboot your computer.

It worked fine for me, BUT approx. 1 week later the problem returned. Then I ran the fix again and it worked, then a few days later the problem was back and it continues to do this. I have looked in services and set all dependencies to restart if failed - that didn’t seem to help.

So far the fix works, but is not a permanent solution, since I have to continue to use it whenever the error ocur. Also Microsoft FixIt seems to help, but again not a permanent solution.

Searching the net you will find that this is a serious problem and a great amount of users have this - I suspect one of the updates since it just started on my laptop in march and continued here in april. But which update? Also I often clean up in my systeme restore files so they dont take up alot of space on my HDD, therefore I dont have one going back to b4 the problem started.

Also sometimes but not allways, when this error ocur then windows Audio fails to start. Gooing to services.msc and restarting SENS and Windows audio solve this or log off and the logon on will also solve this.

Again this is not solved permanently and the error will return.

I’m using a Toshiba Satellite L40-139 with Vista Home Premium Danish 32bit SP2, all drivers are up to date. Kaspersky danish version.

Hope someone here can solve this:)

With kind regards

JBJ
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:29 PM

All replies

• JBJ, 

I have had the same problem with my laptop as well. When i first got it (which was today), i opened it and everything worked out fine. later in the day, i opened it again and it stated the same error you had “Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. Please consult your system administrator. ”

I am also the administrator.

The only thing i could do was click OK and then it logged off and stated at the login page. My laptop is a Lenovo intel Celeron Windows 7. I have no idea what to do.

Should i go to the dealer and ask if they can fix it?

In need of help, Amy

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:18 AM