Video stuttering.

Audio static.

High DPC Latency recorded.

.etl trace here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1kEGvXmmoT-QyMCo8PPYv5iGXZ

Please help ^-^

Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:06 AM

Answers

• a lot of time is in "storahci.sys!AhciPortBusChangeDpcRoutine".
    storahci.sys is the Micrsosoft default SATA driver, so you should try installing the correct driver for your chipset (for Intel this would be iaStorA.sys)
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 1:05 PM

All replies

• a lot of time is in "storahci.sys!AhciPortBusChangeDpcRoutine".
    storahci.sys is the Micrsosoft default SATA driver, so you should try installing the correct driver for your chipset (for Intel this would be iaStorA.sys)
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 1:05 PM
  • Hi Jukebox461,

As EckiS pointed out, please ensure you have got Windows 10 compatible drivers for your device. Download the Windows 10 compatible drivers from the device manufacturer website.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:39 AM
  • Hmmm, I can see that it is the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" in device manager, but every time I try updating it just says "The best driver software for your device is already installed".

I have an AMD A10 6800k @ 4.4Ghz and my MoBo has an A88X Chipset.

Nothing special with my HDDs. 2 oldschool Sata 3's at 7600RPM, and an SSD.

I do have several after-market front-of-case I/O that I've installed. Card readers and eSata outs and Sata outs and whatnot. I think one (maybe two) of those use SATA.

Jukebox461

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:59 PM
  • contact your mainboard manufcaturer. There should be a "AMD AHCI driver V1.3.1.276 for Windows Win10 64bit",
    for example on the Asus Page for the A88X-PRO
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:39 PM
  • You sir, have saved me from a fate worse than death.

Have one... no, TWO of my internets! Have all of my internets!

Jukebox461

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:52 AM