none
Windows 7 Backup - Unable to Recover Previous Backups RRS feed

• Question

• I performed a clean install of Windows 7 and set up Windows Backup.  However, I cannot get to my previous pre-reinstall backups to restore my user files.  When I try to restore files and "Choose a different date" I only get the option to restore from backups which were completed since the new install of Windows. 

HOWEVER, the old backup are out there!  I am able to browse to them and Windows Backup will even pull them up when I choose to "Manage Windows Backup disk space" but I can only delete them from there.

How can I perform a restore using the older backups?

Saturday, September 11, 2010 3:13 PM

Answers

• Try the suggestions in this article and see if the issue can be resolved: To restore a backup made on another computer

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, September 24, 2010 2:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by zerglingg Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by zerglingg Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:26 AM

All replies

• Try the suggestions in this article and see if the issue can be resolved: To restore a backup made on another computer

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, September 24, 2010 2:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by zerglingg Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by zerglingg Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Thanks - that's the ticket.
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:38 AM