none
SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER trying to connect to and old DP RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    After upgrading to 1906, wich went great, i started seeing messages in SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER log about:

    Distribution Manager failed to connect to the distribution point ["Display=\\distiributionpoint.se\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=A01"]\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\. Check your network and firewall settings.

    distmgr.log:

    GetDPCRC - distiributionpoint.domain.se SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)
    Get site system FQDN and account information from DB for ["Display=\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=A01"]\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\ SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)
    Get empty entry for account and server remote name from DB SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)
    STATMSG: ID=2391 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER" SYS=SITESERVER.DOMAIN.SE SITE=A01 PID=10260 TID=16920 GMTDATE=fre sep 20 05:21:27.741 2019 ISTR0="["Display=\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=A01"]\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=1 AID0=404 AVAL0="["Display=\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=A01"]\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\" SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)
    GetWMIObject - Failed to connect to root\default on ["Display=\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=A01"]\\distiributionpoint.domain.se\. Error code: 0x80004005 SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)
    GetDPCRC() failed to get current value from server  - 0x80004005 SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 2019-09-20 07:21:27 16920 (0x4218)

    And it just keeps coming up, even after reboot etc.

    This is an old and since long deleted distributionpoint / server, and i cant find it anywhere in any settings or things like that anymore.

    Anyone has any ideas? need anything else?

    Best regards,

    Love A


    • Edited by Love A Friday, September 20, 2019 5:56 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 5:48 AM

All replies

  • Hello Love A,
     
    Thanks for posting in TechNet.
     
    Open registry editor on the site server and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\COMPONENTS\SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER\Component Servers, can you find the DP server there?
     
    Best Regards,
    Ray

    Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

    No, no reference of the DP under that key, BUT, i had'nt looked in the registry before you mentioned it so i did. 

    And found it under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\MPFDM\

    Can i delete it from here?

    Thanks,

    Friday, September 20, 2019 10:55 AM
  • Hello,
     
    Thanks for your feedback.
     
    I don't think this registry key is related to DP, and it's not suggested to modify the registry key directly.
     
    However, there must be something left when deleting the site system server. A possible solution is that we could build a site system server using the same name as the old one, install DP and MP on it then remove them, make sure they are removed completely by checking logs and status messages, then delete the site system server.
     
    Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.
     
    Best Regards,
    Ray

    Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, September 20, 2019 11:14 AM
  • I have the same thing after just upgrading to CB 1906.

    My DP servers are from SCCM 2007 days (about 5 years ago) and were secondary site distribution points. I had raised a Premiere call with Microsoft earlier in the year to remove all these old DP entries from the database but guess it didn't get them all. They seem to have re-appeared with whatever the process of 'GetDPCRC' in distmgr.log is.

    Thanks Lyndal

    Friday, September 27, 2019 4:35 AM