none
Default logon background colour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I've switched the lock screen background to our corporate image which is mainly grey. I've switched off the background on the logon screen so it's now a plain blue. 

Once users have logged on it uses their theme colour which is set and locked to grey be default. How can I make this background Grey by default so it's set immediately after a fresh build?

Kind regards,

-J

Friday, November 27, 2015 4:52 PM

All replies

• Have a look at the Local Group Policy Editor

In the Local Group Policy Editor expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization. You might find the settings you require.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community. Happy programming!

Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:59 PM
  • Hi Joncy92,

What is your current situation?

What do you mean by the lock screen background, the Lock Screen picture? Also please explain a bit for the meaning of " immediately after a fresh build".

By the way, are we in a domain Environment?

If we are under domain environment and would like to force a special lock screen image, we could take use of the following group policy: Force a specific default lock screen image.

under:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

If you mean the theme, we could deploy the default theme under

User Configuration >Administrative Templates > Control Panel >Personalization

With the policy: load a specific theme

If you mean the login screen background, we could disable it through the following registry value (deploy this using the logon/startup scripts):

create a DWORD value

“DisableLogonBackgroundImage” under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System” with the value “00000001”.

(Just Delete the value or set it to “00000000” if you would like to go back to the defualt image.)

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:40 AM
  • The question is fairly clear about wanting to change the logon screen background color - the plain colour you get after having turned the background image off. None of the above answers address this.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well - we have a standard colour which we use on our default lock screen image, and on the wallpaper that new users get by default. Currently the logon background differs from this and it would be nice to make it match.

If it isn't possible to configure the background color of this screen, is it possible to change the image that is used?

Monday, November 30, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi Dirk,

I've had a run through the policies and couldn't find any settings that would help with this.

Kind regards,

-J

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:36 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I am talking about the lock screen background which is shown prior to logging in. I have already changed this and this is not the issue. By "immediately after a fresh build" I meant after a task sequence for OS deployment has finished building.

Yes this is a domain environment.

Thanks for the other information. I have changed the lock screen background to our corporate image and I have switched off the login screen background already. What I am trying to do is change the login screen's default blue colour to grey once the image has been switched off.

Kind regards,

-J

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:54 AM
  • Hi Mike,

This is exactly right. I have actually managed to change the logon screen background by logging in to an administrative user and settings the accent color. Then switch off "automatically pick and accent color from my background.

This will change the login screen colour to the one selected. However as stated I am looking to set this colour at build time.

I have tried using the Default User registry keys to set this but I cannot seem to find the correct one to set.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

-J

Monday, November 30, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Hi JC,

I see.

I will take some further research on that part. The logon screen background could be changed to grey when we changed the accent color.

I will update here once I found any helpful results.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:55 AM
  • Hey Michael,

Did you manage to find anything out about this?

Kind regards,

-J

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:33 PM