none
Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. There are features missing from Pro. Acting like its still the Home version.

Question

• I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I needed Pro features for a course I am taking. Local Users and Groups is not installed and I can not snap it in. When I attempt to add "Local Users and Groups" with Microsoft Management Console I get: "This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10".... and I have Windows 10 Pro. Local Users and Groups DOES work with W10 Pro and up. Is this a bug or am I missing a part of the solution?

Summary:

• I don't have nor can I snap in "Local Users and Groups".
    • When I use MMC I get the error: "This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10"
    • I do have Windows 10 Pro. (Updated from Home)
    • I have all current updates for the this version. 

Is there anyone who knows what to do with this??

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks.

Bob

• Edited by BobR_ Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

How did you upgrade from Home to Pro?

Did you upgrade using media and run setup to do the upgrade?

Did you change the product key? 

If so how did you change the product key?

• Changed in the UI?
    • Changed using changepk.exe?
    • Changed using slmgr.vbs?

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:55 PM
  • I went to the windows online store and purchased the upgrade. It was not a wipe. It was over my current install. 

Thanks.

• Edited by BobR_ Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:45 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:44 AM
  • Hi BobR_,

Check whether "lusrmgr" is located in C:\Windows\System32?
    We could try to perform an in-place upgrade repair with a Windows 10 Pro media.
    Download Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

If the issue persists, we may consider to backup the important data and perform a clean installation.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Hello,

Can you make the \windows\panther\setupact.log available to download?

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:35 PM