none
Dual Boot Windows PE and Windows 7 64 bit UEFI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to Dual Boot Windows PE UEFI and Windows 7 64 bit UEFI both running from the Hard Disk
    So I apply the Windows 7 64 bit Image to the Hard Disk with the below mentioned diskpart Script to W: and run the following bcdboot and bcdedit commands
    bcdboot W:\windows /s S: /l en-US /f UEFI
    bcdedit /set {default} path \Windows\System32\Winload.efi
    bcdedit /set {default} device partition=W:
    bcdedit /default {default}
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert GPT
    create partition EFI size=100 offset=1024
    format quick fs=fat32 label=EFI
    assign letter=S
    set id="C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B"
    create partition MSR size=128
    create partition primary size=50000
    format quick fs=ntfs label=Recovery
    assign letter=R
    create partition primary size=3048
    format quick fs=fat32 label=Bootrec
    assign letter="B"
    create partition primary
    format quick fs=ntfs label=Windows
    assign letter=W
    set id="EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7"
    list volume
    exit
    As you can see i am creating a new partition of size 3 GB and labeling it as a Bootrec. Now i need to know how to create a BCDBoot and BCDEDIT entry after applying the  WINPE image to Partition B:. So that the Boot Menu Contains an option which says WINPE which boots right into the WINPE image?
    Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I tried to follow the article mentioned below but that is breaking the Windows 7 bcd boot entries.
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:02 AM

All replies

• When I first started trying to do this 5-6 years ago, I was not able to get a valid response. It was supposedly supported, but no documentation could be provided to make it work. The support case was open for over a year on and off, MS support would close the ticket without it being resolved. Eventually I gave up on getting it to work and haven't looked back since.
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:22 PM