none
Won't connect to WiFi network... RRS feed

• Question

• I have Window 10 Prof. laptop.  It used to connect to my corporate networks using WiFi for 4 years.  All of a sudden, it connects to the WiFi network and gives me IP address but not Internet or network connection.  I have spoofed MAC address, deleted WLAN adapter, deleted all the entries in the registry related to the SSIDs, reinstalled windows, still no luck.  

The Event Viewer is showing error that connection was disconnected and lost IP address.  There is no filtering or other blocking on my Corporate Network besides 802.1X authentication.

My WiFi or WLAN card works fine with any other WiFi network including my home or some test WiFi SSIDs at work.

To me it seems like something unique with 802.1X setup/config.  I have checked it with other working laptops and they are identical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dipak

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

First of all, I want to confirm it with you. Are you the network administrator for your company?
    Based on your description, you have reinstalled Windows and it works fine with any other WiFi network. So, if this issue only occurs when you are on a corporate network, the corporate network settings might be the problem. Try to contact your corporate network administrators, they the best resource to help you.

If you are the network administrator for your company. Have you modified anything before this issue happened? Try to roll back previous operations to see if it can fix problem.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:07 AM