none
How do I bind a key sequence to specific key?

Question

• How do I bind a key sequence to specific key? I would like to bind key sequences to key and then be able to disable them and enable them. I play minecraft capture the Flag and need to bind key sequences such as t/t or t/gr so that I can do things quickly.

Thanks

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• I haven't played that particular game, but most of the games I do play have a section to assign certain keystrokes to particular actions. Have you looked through all of the games options for a possible way to do that?

If there are keys assigned to actions, changing the keystrokes in Windows is not going to necessarily work the way you want it to within the game.

SC Tom

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Key binding is possible in modded single player, but unfortunatly not in Capture the Flag. All I need is to simulate t/t , since t opens the menu, / defines it is a command and t is to explode the tnt. The keyboard and mouse are locked to the game (a java game embedded in a webpage) and as long as its in the right order it will work.

Thanks

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:24 PM

• I don't know of any native way, but you can use something like AutoHotKey   http://www.autohotkey.com/  to map keystroke combinations to a single key. It's free, so if that doesn't work for you, you're not out anything but a little time.

Another option (although not free) might be a keyboard with programmable keys:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sidewinder-x4-keyboard

I have this one, and am extremely pleased with it. Mine was $43, but they may be had even cheaper than that now from ebay.

SC Tom

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Thank you very much for your help. I have made an autohotkey script which works fine for me.
    • Marked as answer by JacobH123 Sunday, February 05, 2012 3:38 PM
    Sunday, February 05, 2012 3:37 PM
  • You're welcome! Glad it's working for you.

SC Tom

Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:36 PM