none
Excel version 1808; Office 365 ProPlus - How to display status bar? RRS feed

• Question

• My status bar has disappeared in Excel version 1808. All of the other links I can find to make the Status Bar visible are relating to older versiosn of excel (thru the Options; View tab) - but obviously this version doesn't have the old tab setup in Options.  Please advise how to make the status bar visible again.  Thanks!
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, the capability to turn off the status bar, which was present in earlier versions of Excel, was removed starting with Excel 2007. Status Bar appear in Excel by default.

Since there is no such option to hide/display the status bar in Excel, we need to troubleshoot the issue.

Please try to open Excel in Safe Mode: press Windows + R to start Run dialog box, type in excel /safe and press Enter. Check if the issue still occur. If the issue does occur in safe mode, try to check add-ins according to the article.

In addition, you can try to repair your Office from Control Panel.

If the issue persists, you can log in the computer with other Windows user accounts to have a check. You can also close all third-party production software and unnecessary programs to have a check.

As a workaround, you can use VBA to display status bar in Microsoft Excel:

Sub Show_Status_Bar()
    Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
    End Sub

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:07 AM