none
Bluetooth missing from Action Center, and Bluetooth settings not searching for devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

The title says it all, really. I contacted Consumer Support and they remotely investigated before referring me here. My build number is 17682.rs_prerelease.180525-1616. Hope you can help.

Kyle

Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:17 AM

Answers

• I had the same issue with this build. Tried restarting, updating drivers, etc with no change. Finally got it working just a minute ago. I'm not sure if this fix persists through reboots, but unless I update this post, assume it does (I'm going to do some testing to make sure the problem doesn't come back).

1. Open device manager
    2. Right click on your bluetooth adapter, and select "Uninstall device" (make sure the option to delete the drivers is NOT checked)
    3. Scan for hardware changes

The adapter should pop up again and actually work

UPDATE: This fix did continue working after reboot

• Edited by thomanth Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by KyleTowns Sunday, June 3, 2018 11:12 PM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:42 PM

All replies

• I had the same issue with this build. Tried restarting, updating drivers, etc with no change. Finally got it working just a minute ago. I'm not sure if this fix persists through reboots, but unless I update this post, assume it does (I'm going to do some testing to make sure the problem doesn't come back).

1. Open device manager
    2. Right click on your bluetooth adapter, and select "Uninstall device" (make sure the option to delete the drivers is NOT checked)

• Edited by thomanth Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by KyleTowns Sunday, June 3, 2018 11:12 PM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:42 PM
  • It's working for me too :) The one solution I didn't think to try! Thanks for pointing it out.
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 11:28 PM

1. Open device manager

As written this DO NOT WORK FOR ME. However when i did it in 'Safe Mode' it DID WORK.

This was true even it the Drivers would not run properly it the 'Safe Mode' Environment, they did work properly once I was back in Main Mode.

I solved all of my Driver problems this way, with Broadcom, Realtek and Intel Graphic.

Best Regards,

Crysta

PhotM Phantom of the Mobile

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:53 PM