none
Windows Wireless Network Manager

General discussion

•  

Hi All,

I installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 in Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 operating system on a Wireless Computer which has a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Card. Connecting at 300 Mbps to the Router with Network Magic's Wireless Network Manager using WPA2 Encryption and working just fine.

However, unchecking Network Magic's Wireless Network Manager to try using Windows Wireless Network Manager to connect to the Network with WPA2 Encryption, does not work. It connects, disconnects, connects and disconnects and repeats.It does not stay connected using WPA2 Encryption.

Windows Wireless Network Manager still does not connect using WPA2 Encryption. You need to use WEP Encryption.

thecreator

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:14 PM

All replies

• Windows Wireless  Zero Configuration does it just fine for me. The problem seems to be your card/driver

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Were you able to resolve the problem...

If not could you please send me the wireless logs which will help us in analysing the issue..

Following are the steps to get the logs...

1)      Run the command “Netsh ras set tracing * enabled” in a command shell to enable the tracing

2)       Reproduce the problem (i,e try to connect to the wireless router)

3)      Run the command “Netsh ras set tracing * disabled” to disable the tracing

4)      The logs will be at %windir%\tracing

Thanks,

Sunil Rao

Friday, December 28, 2007 12:50 PM
  • Please share your email contact for us to create a workspace for you to share the logs with us.

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

Is the issue resolved now?

Could you please send us the logs if you are still facing the issue...

Regards,

Sunil

[MSFT]

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:27 AM
  • I am experiencing a similar issue with the Network after Installing windows xp professional service pack 3, I got cable unplugged.  after trying automatic network detection disable re-enable  repair,  new connection; I reinstalled wtih newest windows Network adapter drivers 04/01/09 then I  manually put in my Ip, gateway, subnet, both dns, etc...I was overjoyed for a second when after i input manual settings it connects! But  then it  say's it is unplugged and cycles connected / unplugged...I have tried to ping to see if tcp is working, it is 100% ipconfig /renew nothing... think I will try this hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761   Computer is a dell 5150 pentium-d with built in intel network card and I like to use the pci-e pt 1000 I installed (both adapters do not work as of this writing after sp3 upgrade) I am running AVG av in windows safe mode right now and it is finding locked files that look suspicius. localservice\localsettings or networkservice\ntuser.dat  hmm...

Ended up to be the Ethernet connector, a pin had hung and was sprung; so I did side bends and situps...seems like a good functionality test huh? LOL
    • Edited by Ecoholic Friday, November 13, 2009 12:21 AM Result
    Monday, April 13, 2009 6:02 AM