none
SSAS 2019 Deploy Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm frustrated because I cannot find any solution to this problem. I cannot deploy my sample SSAS in my own local server. I'm using VS 2019, Windows 7 and SSMS 2014. This is the error message:

A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running.
    To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.

What I have done so far:

1. A lot! Been struggling to find an answer.
    2. SQL instances are all running. My instance is MYcomputerName\MSSQLSERVER
    3. Added all users like NT services to access AdventureDBs (sample) in SQL Server Database Engine
    4. Changed the Impersonation Information in DS from/to all 4 of them. (credentials to user, service account etc)
    5. Tried deployment version 9-15.
    6. Tried to use different credentials and target>server (computername/instances)

This is my first SSAS practical and I'm stressed to deploy it. Building the project doesn't provided error(s) only when deploying it. If someone can remote my desktop, I'll be happy to.

Thanks,

okatokat

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:40 PM

All replies

• Hi okatokat,

Welcome to SQL Server Analysis Services community forum.

Per the error message above, I need you to answer some questions, so that we could clearly know detailed server environment of yours.

1. How many instances have you installed under SSAS? Single instance or multiple instances?

2. Which model does SSAS sample project belongs to? Tabular model or multidimensional model?

It would be better if you could upload screenshot of your environment, but you need to get your account verified via https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug at first.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:00 AM