none
Windows 7/Windows Media Player will not play voicemail .wav files

Question

• Hi-

I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 7 and it will not play .wav files from my web based voicemail service. I can get into the voicemail system, but when I click and try to play a particular message, it asks me for my username and password again and when I enter that, it still does not work.

The systems worked fine on my old Vista based laptop. I called my voicemail customer service and they were at a loss because of their lack of experience with the relatively new Windows 7 and the updated Windows Media Player.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Which web browser are you using? Have you already tried in Internet Explorer?

Please try downloading the WAV files first, and then playing these downloaded files. To download the files with Internet Explorer, right-click the link to a file and select Save Target As.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:46 PM
  • What audio codec are they using?  TrueSpeech is deprecated/not part of Windows any longer, IIRC.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:26 AM
  • What audio codec are they using?  TrueSpeech is deprecated/not part of Windows any longer, IIRC.

Anyone have an answer on why TrueSpeech was deprecated?  Still seem to be a lot of Voice solutions out there that use this and the clock is ticking on XP now. 
    Thursday, June 06, 2013 3:21 PM