Windows DVD Maker Problems

Question

• Hi all, my problem with Windows DVD Maker is that everytime I burn a video it will get to 99.0% and then say there was an error, something like "try another disc or check to see if dvd burner is connected". It works fine with Nero but I prefer Windows DVD Maker so I can make better menu's. Can any one help
    Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:57 PM

Answers

• I think I finally figured it out:

A short time ago, when I would try to make a DVD through DVD maker, I would import the video files and then press the preview button then DVD maker would give this error:
    This problem was caused by lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax). lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax) was created by Ligos Corporation

I received the same error for lmpgd10.ax.

Following the advice I saw in the error message and in the Problem Reports and Solutions, I ran regsvr32/u on these files and unregistered them:
    lmpgvd.ax 
    lmpgspl.ax 
    lmpgd10.ax
    I believe that I unregistered all the files in C:\Windows\System32 that began with lmp and had the .ax extention.  There were two others besides the the above.

A couple of days ago, HP released an update that resolved the issue with lmpgspl.ax and lmpgd10.ax.  I installed that update. Now, I re-registered all of those files, and everything seems to be fine.

I just  made a DVD with a recorded TV segment from Media Center, a captured MPG from a camcorder and a WMV file I downloaded from the internet.

I am happy now.

Friday, May 18, 2007 1:27 AM
  • The update for HP computers is at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-48265-2&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3339302&os=2093&lang=en

This particlar link is under HPM7760N computer updates but applies to all HP computers with Intel Viiv and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:40 AM
  • Nevermind I found if I click the burn button w no Disc in the drive and then put one in when it opens it works.
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:21 AM
  • I had the exact same problem at the same place and also preferred WDM over Nero for the same reason.

The problem disappeared when I used DVD-R instead of DVD+R. (Both disk formats are compatible with my player)
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:52 PM
  • I had the same problem and was very frustrated because it took me 3 days of wasting money and doing all funny changes to my computer until when finaly got it right.I read all the threads on here and tried most suggestions but nothn helped apart from one which was to try change my media on which i was burning the DVD.My failures came with using DVD+r....which i guess wasnt compatible with my dvd drive....so i changed to DVD-r and that worked perfectly well.After i had conquered that issue...my DVD couldnt play in my player...but it played on my computer until when i figured out that the settings in the options menu in the Windows DVD maker were in the PAL mode...so i changed them to NTSC and selected medium speed!!!!My Dvds now play in my computer and my player.If you are planing to share your DVDs with family and friends outside USA or Japan...then i advise you use the PAL mode....but that may not play in your home DVD player if you live in the USA or Japan....Anyway...country where you stay determines which mode to burn your dvd.Am burning mine in both modes(PAL&NTSC) because i need to share with my family outside USA and the other is my personal copy i can play in my player here in the USA.Hope this helps someone!!!!I was really FRUSTRATED.....
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:48 PM

All replies

• Even i am facing the same problem.it will get to 99 % and the say " there was an i/o error"

My machine is dell Precision 390 .Any one can help me.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:54 AM
  • When you go to the FAQ it says to burn it using a Slower speed. I did that but I also uninstaled Nero and it worked.
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:41 PM
  • I"m having the same exact problem. Got it to work like a charm the 1st time....every other time I get the "There was an error" message at 99%!
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:21 AM
  • I have the same problem.  My burner speed through DVD maker is set to Medium

I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC.  When I attempt to create
    a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene selection and
    previews work fine.  When I select to burn the DVD, it encodes fine then
    begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a couple or few hours
    later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error creating the DVD.

"Cannot create the DVD.  The DVD could not be burned because an error occured.  Try using another blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working properly". 

There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send an
    error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and Solutions.

I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim 32
    bit.  I haven't loaded any video software on the computer.  It is as I
    bought it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:18 AM
  • I think I finally figured it out:

A short time ago, when I would try to make a DVD through DVD maker, I would import the video files and then press the preview button then DVD maker would give this error:
    This problem was caused by lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax). lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax) was created by Ligos Corporation

I received the same error for lmpgd10.ax.

Following the advice I saw in the error message and in the Problem Reports and Solutions, I ran regsvr32/u on these files and unregistered them:
    lmpgvd.ax 
    lmpgspl.ax 
    lmpgd10.ax
    I believe that I unregistered all the files in C:\Windows\System32 that began with lmp and had the .ax extention.  There were two others besides the the above.

A couple of days ago, HP released an update that resolved the issue with lmpgspl.ax and lmpgd10.ax.  I installed that update. Now, I re-registered all of those files, and everything seems to be fine.

I just  made a DVD with a recorded TV segment from Media Center, a captured MPG from a camcorder and a WMV file I downloaded from the internet.

I am happy now.

Friday, May 18, 2007 1:27 AM
  • These problems generally because of hardware.firmware upgrade will help these problems.
    Friday, May 18, 2007 4:32 PM
  • Recover your computer if it's pretty cluttered up. than apply all recommended  and important  updates  for your copy of windows. Then  go to www.free-codecs.com and get the vista codec pack the latest version is like v4.4.4. it should be the second mirror on the free-codecs site. if u can't find it there then google it. If u have an uncluttered, updated  copy of windows plus an ultimate codec pack made just for windows vista the encoding will go much smoother and faster and guarantee a 99.99 percent success rate. And it'll also fix the upside down problem that dvd maker has.And that's it hopefully that works.Good Luck
    Friday, June 01, 2007 2:59 AM
  • I have the same problem. Every time it told me that it could not complete the burn I used to just throw the dvd awawy. However, I have found that although it says it did not complete when I try it in DVD play...hay ho it works! most of the time. If you find out why let me know. ncoomber1961@aol.com
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:29 PM
  • hello, i am having similar problems  with a brand new hp can you tell me where you found the hp update?
    Monday, June 25, 2007 9:47 PM
  • The update for HP computers is at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-48265-2&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3339302&os=2093&lang=en

This particlar link is under HPM7760N computer updates but applies to all HP computers with Intel Viiv and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:40 AM
  • The update is available when you run HP Update (light blue refresh icon).

BTW, the update actually unregisters all instances of the Ligos codecs not the opposite.

Friday, July 06, 2007 3:07 PM
  • these are all absolutely useless to me!!!!!

Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:54 PM
  • I need help badly. I start up windows dvd maker and when i add a file it just comes up 'windows dvd maker has stopped working windows is checking for a solution' can anyone help me.

Thanks

Saturday, August 04, 2007 1:12 PM
  • Unfortunately I have the same problem. I created a movie with Windows Movie  maker  but cannot publish it it windows DVD maker. I receive the same error "window dvd maker has stopped working and windows is checking for a solution"

When I try other DVD burning programmes, following error appears"

Problem caused by Intel ViiV Software Update for HP

This problem was caused by Intel ViiV Software Update for HP. Intel ViiV Software Update for HP was created by Intel Corporation and is distributed by Hewlett-Packard Company.

Recommendation

For support information or product updates, contact Hewlett-Packard Company.

Hewlett-Packard Company"

However I did run all possible HP updates but the problem persists

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance, Tania

Sunday, October 07, 2007 9:45 AM
  • When i start the Windows DVD maker on my laptop, when selecting the menu style the laptop just suddenly restarts ! then it workd fine. I mean after it has restarted once then it burns the DVD. And it takes like a couple of hours or more to burn a DVD. Dont know why. Wud really appreciate if anyone could help me on this !
    Peace.
    Tuesday, October 09, 2007 10:36 PM
  • I have the same problem with Windows DVD Maker. The first time I burned a DVD  it worked fast and completely. Now I can't  burn any videos that I have recorded  from Media Center. I have a new HP with Windows Vista Home Premimum. My new HP has AMD processor. Is there an update/upgrade to download?

Stango

Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:48 AM
  • Hi, I tried using DVD maker and experienced the same problem but can not get find anyone who can give me

an easier solution than to run a complete recovery of Windows Vista originally loaded to the desktop PC. Is there anyone who has a better solution or know where to download the software. 

Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:47 AM
  • Same problem!  Only when I try to download\install the HP patch i get an "your system does not meet the requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled." (9996)

Can anyone help with this, - running Windows Vista Ultimate and trying to play MPEGS.

Thanks,

Mark

Friday, October 26, 2007 6:07 PM
  • I'm having the same 99.0 percent and "cannot create dvd" message for no discernable reason, and nothing suggested here helps. The people who need to step in and address this issue is Microsoft's tech people. Calling technical support is like pulling teeth--when you actually get a real person to talk to. Instead of people guessing what might be the problem, someone from Microsoft needs to step in explain yet another head-scratching problem with Vista.

Monday, November 12, 2007 4:39 AM

• I agree with Constans.  This is a Microsoft problem and should be addressed by them.  The software simply doesn't work, and for people who are not comfortable deleting files from a computer when they don't know what those files are, none of the suggestions here present a solution.

Lest anyone think that only hp computers are having this problem (suggesting the problem might be with HP), I have a Gateway computer which I've had since last April.  I'm running Vista Home Premium.  I have no other DVD or movie software on this computer other than what was loaded on the computer when I bought it...all of it Microsoft software. Yet I'm having the identical problem as others here. 

I was able to successfully complete (since last April) only two very short DVDs, one with 3 video clips that totaled only 13 minutes, and the other with several video clips that totaled 21 minutes.  Since then, I've tried to burn two other DVDs and Windows DVD Maker stops at 99% and pops up a window with the same non-information as others are quoting on this forum.  According to the information on my computer, my DVD drive is working properly. All of the video clips I've tried to burn display well both on Windows Media Player and as previews on Windows DVD maker, indicating that contrary to Windows suggestion, the problem is NOT corrupted files.  I've tried several different blank disks and have been unable to get past the 99% problem with any of them.

I've been unable to find any other burner available for download on the Internet that both works on Vista, and has gotten good reviews from people who have used it.  Every program I've looked at, regardless of price, seems to have serious problems, freezing computers, not installing properly, or simply not working. 

Since this is a Microsoft forum, somebody, or more probably a bunch of somebodys, are not paying attention.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:54 PM
  •  

I totally agree - I can't find anywhere online where this problem can be resolved, surely Microsoft can do something about it!

Over a week and no response!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:03 PM
  • I have the same problem. Brand new Compaq laptop. Windows DVD Maker will let me add files but once I go to change the menu it freezes and stops responding. This is only with about 150 photos! There's no other programs like nero installed. I did manage to to make a 'slide show with a song' in Windows Movie Maker and publish to a CD. However when I went back into it it didn't respond. Changed the settings to take compatibility of Roxio out and it let me back in but for how long..... I too can not find an answer on the net. Lets hope someone can!

Friday, November 23, 2007 4:18 AM
  • I've had the same problems as you Ncoomber1961, burning up until 90% completion then getting an error. After reading that what you said i picked my 3 "critical error" dvd's out of the trash, and lo and behold they worked absolutely perfectly in my DVD player. Definately worth giving a try if you think you've wasted a handful of DVDs.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:06 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem, has anyone found a solution?

Thanks Debra

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:44 PM
  • Same problem. I select the video files, i create the menu and when i finally click burn, nonresponsive and closes.

Obviously a big problem, I'm sure Microsoft are tripping over themselves trying to fix it. Oh wait, Microsoft hates people that's why they make faulty products for consumers. Bad, bad consumers!

Microsoft has a bad streak as long as my arm. How do they expect people to support them when they're not supporting the customers. Pile up some wins fast.
    Thursday, December 06, 2007 11:42 PM
  • Grrrrrrrrr.....I am having the same problems. Except I only get to 0.5% complete before the message says that Windows is looking for a solution online and then restarts the program. When I check out the details the error message says "APPCRASH". I restart the program but still with no success. I have a BRAND new Dell Inspiron.

• Proposed as answer by Mighty_D Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:46 PM
    Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:02 AM
  • DVD maker worked about 6 times and now shuts down after loading file..Here is the 2 different trouble reports I receive

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
    Application Name:    DVDMaker.exe
    Application Version:    6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp:    4549b5b0
    Fault Module Name:    igdumd32.dll_unloaded
    Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:    4580b7cd
    Exception Code:    c0000005
    Exception Offset:    029cbab3
    OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID:    1033
    Additional Information 1:    2b5e
    Additional Information 2:    d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    Additional Information 3:    f7e8
    Additional Information 4:    3b69c715ea2ba9beb8234b497151ca3a

AND

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
    Application Name:    DvdMaker.exe
    Application Version:    6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp:    4549b5b0
    Fault Module Name:    StackHash_1703
    Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
    Exception Code:    c0000005
    Exception Offset:    02afbab3
    OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID:    1033
    Additional Information 1:    1703
    Additional Information 2:    2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
    Additional Information 3:    1344
    Additional Information 4:    875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Files that help describe the problem
    Version.txt
    AppCompat.txt
    memory.hdmp
    minidump.mdmp

No Idea what to do to fix it. Any help out there from Microsoft? I even downloaded other DVD burning software and it shuts down as well.
    Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Hi All. My problem has been solved - for now at least. I could only import the photos etc, then DVD Maker would freeze then be non responsive. I too have a new laptop. HP (as I have an OEM) (Compaq presarios help) refused to help me anymore until I did a factory reset which I had done a week earlier to replace the faulty harddrive. I refused. Microsoft in the end was willing to help and suggested a few things. We discovered I had another similar program which we thought may be 'clashing'. I didn't care what software did what I wanted I just wanted a program to work! I played around with this other software program, Roxio, and it appeared to work until I went to view 'video effects' and my laptop made a series of beeps and the screen went blank. Eventually it came back on again. This kept happening. In the vista error reports I got it to check for a solution and what it found was that my 'graphics driver' needed to be updated! I did so via intels website. Roxio's video effect worked so I thought I would give Windows DVD maker a go and that too worked. I have 'burnt' a DVD and watched it on TV in both programs! Just thought I would share my solution.

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:17 AM

• I am getting the exact same message.  This is just crazy that no one has a solution to this. I have spent hours on the web looking for solutions and none of them work.  I even called HP (since I just bought a new comp from them and its still under warrently)  The tech support person said he couldnt help me with Windows DvD maker and I should just use another program.  Thats B.S.! I paid for Windows DVD maker so I should be able to use it!  This is pissing me off that HP and microsoft will not fix the problem. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:20 PM
  • JACBin,

You're lucky, I get to .03% before mine stops-MOST OF THE TIME! often I get to 99% or anywhere in between. My sony vgn ar 570 has not been able to burn a dvd since day one! I sent it to sony and they just restored it -they did nothing else!

I think taking Microsoft to small claims court is the only option left to me. I paid for something and did not get it!

When the plumber comes to your house to fix some pipes and valves and you find problems with their work,such as leaks and cold water out of the hot spigot, does the plumber tell you what to get in the way of tools and materials ,and then offer to advise YOU how to fix the problem, or does the plumber come back and fix the problem personally? I don't want to be TOLD how to solve this problem-I want Microsoft to fix it themselves!

GOOD LUCK TO US BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:46 AM
  • I have the same issue; it worked once, but now fails every time at 99% complete. I get a useless message saying check the disk or the drive to make sure it's connected.

Help?

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Just to show solidarity, I agree with everything written above. This is absolute ***... I was overjoyed when Moviemaker on Office 2007 came with the facility to burn direct to DVD (since the last manifestation of Moviemaker did not...after all. why would anyone want to put an edited movie onto a DVD???)  but I have had no end of trouble not to mention th efrustration of trying to find a solution. If you scour the forums on th web it is obvious that Microsoft couldn't give a toss about this glaring software error or us users by the deafening silence coming from them. I was previously one of those who thought that the anti-Microsoft brigade were a bunch of whingers with too much time on their hands but I'm turning...very rapidly.

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:14 AM
  • I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for microslop to do something. I have a new Dell, and I get the same errors when using the DVD maker. 99% is all it will burn. I have thrown about thirty half burned disks in the trash. I contacted micropslop and they will only help you if you purchased vista outright. They told me that if it came with your new computer it was not there problem!

So, who's problem is it? I contacted Dell, and they can't fix it either, which only stands to reason, because they didn't write the software... MICROSLOP did, and they say it's not their problem, so that leaves us to find our own solutions.

As far as burning DVD's in a vista based system; I have tried Power producer, Power director, and Roxio media creator 9, and they all burn partial disks, with a completed success rate of about 30%. As I use this computer for my digital scanning business, this performance is entirely unacceptable.

I believe the best solution is to reformat and go back to XP. My daughters windows 98SE computer runs rings around this one. Sorry for rambling.

Comanchee 

Sunday, December 23, 2007 1:38 PM
  • For some reason, the vista codec pack made my Windows DVD Maker worse.  Now it says, "Windows DVD Maker has stopped working.  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."  It used to skip from 30 something percent then stop at 99.0% and say, "Cannot Create the DVD.  An error occured while burning the DVD." and leaves the close button.  It has never done this before until my computer crashed with that blue screen and I had to restart it.  I only got to create 3 DVDs before it started showing the "Cannot Create the DVD" error.
    Monday, December 24, 2007 6:25 AM
  • Did anyone find a solution to this?? I have two hours to make this work, and been at it all night! Please help...It's stopping at 99% burning...same problems as the above posts.

Monday, December 24, 2007 1:56 PM
  •  Brioli wrote:
    Did anyone find a solution to this?? I have two hours to make this work, and been at it all night! Please help...It's stopping at 99% burning...same problems as the above posts.

I don't know how this worked, but here's how I got mine to work once (I don't know if it will continue to work..).  I installed the vista codec pack from http://www.free-codecs.com/ and it made my Windows DVD Maker worse.  So I uninstalled it and opened Windows DVD Maker.  Instead of using .wmv files, I converted them to .mpg files using Media Converter SA Edition (you can download at http://www.mediaconverter.org/ ).  I also set the burner speed to fast (i think) but you might want to try a slower speed.  After I did all of that I finally got it to burn a complete DVD after 2 days of trying and trying to get it to work.  Also, I didn't restart my computer at all while I was doing all of these steps ^ but that's how I got mine to burn.
    Monday, December 24, 2007 5:29 PM
  • I have the same problem, it stops working and starts again....

Friday, January 04, 2008 12:23 AM
  •  

MINE HAS THE SAME ISSUE, ONLY I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE.
    Friday, January 04, 2008 8:55 PM
  • I'm having exactly the same problems. I have a brand new Toshiba laptop less than a week old. Seen the windows dvd maker and thought brilliant I can put my grandparents holiday video on dvd for them. Worked perfectly first time, went to make a 2nd copy of the dvd ....... it spat the blank dvd out after about 3 minutes and come up with an error and that windows is looking for a solution, tried a few more times, it got to about 0.3% encoding, then it came up with a Data Execution Prevention (DEP) error,  looked at the help an support article it suggested changing the DEP setting tried that, wouldn't let me change it for windows dvd maker. Since then it just keeps saying windows dvd maker has encountered a problem and restarts the program when I click burn!

I've tried all the suggested solutions on here and not one of them has worked, i have no other dvd burning software on my laptop as I've just bought it!

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:28 PM
  • I have had the "99%" problem for the last 2 weeks.  On a hunch I decided to remove Realplayer from my Vista OS Gateway computer since I had downloaded that program around the same time that the "99%" problem started.  In my case that hunch paid off.  That seems to have solved the problem.  I have burned several DVDs since then.  If you have Realplayer give that a try.  Good luck!
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:14 PM
  • I had a similar problem.  Every time I tried making a DVD slide show with Windows DVD maker, the program would crash if I tried to use more than one audio file, if I used an audio file in the menu, or if I tried to preview the slideshow.  I fixed it by following the directions in a window that popped up.  There were several options to try. I think this was the 3rd option.  I had no idea what I was doing, but it worked:  This is what I did (don't type the quotation marks):  click "START"; click "SEARCH". Type "command prompt" in the search box; right click "command prompt"; click "Run as Administrator"; type "regsvr32 /u Lmpgspl.ax"; Press "Enter".  That's what I did, then, presto!  I was able to burn discs with music in the menu and multiple audio files in the slide show, and I was able to preview my slide show. 

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:06 AM
  •  Rich Suede wrote:
    I"m having the same exact problem. Got it to work like a charm the 1st time....every other time I get the "There was an error" message at 99%!

i am getting this same problem, my comp is running on Vista, and it is annoying i've tried 2 times, then gave up and went to nero, but my trial ran up so now i am back to relying on windows dvd burner to put all my episodes onto dvd

Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:59 AM
  • Ive got the same problem with my dvd maker,its stopped working and is checking for a solution. Please if you have found a remedy for this problem could you pass it on to me, i will do like wise. This problem is driving me nuts. Ian

Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:43 PM
  • After suffering the 99% error for 1 1/2 months, reading the technet stuff telling me to add and delete files that i hesitate to mess with... I FOUND A SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME!!!

WHAT FINALLY WORKED was taking the advice of the high school sales kid at Fry's.  He told me to use Fuji DVDs.  I had early success using some old Fuji DVDs I had from 2 years ago... when I ran out I initially went with TDK (a bit cheaper than Fuji).  I tried to make these work for 1 1/2 months - they would burn data or MPEG format just fine.  Evidently they would not burn video files converted for DVD play.  I even (stupidly) bought a different batch of TDKs from a different store with no luck.  Since I started using Fuji's again I have not had any problem when using either you're burn program or Windows DVD.

I don't know what other disk manufacturers work and don't work but at least I know what I'm doing from now on.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:04 AM
  • The way I got it to work was to capture or load my .avi into Windows Movie Maker first. Drag the video onto the storyboard at the bottom and then publish/export it to DVD (I don't remember the exact wording). This will use Windows DVD Maker to create the DVD. Doing it this way, I was able to burn a DVD twice in a row without error. I experimented by using Slow and Medium burn speeds. I still need to test the Fast burn speed and see if that works.

It just seems like Windows DVD Maker is the problem. I don't know why it works by exporting to DVD Maker from Movie Maker and doesn't work if you do it entirely from DVD Maker.

There is a Vista SP1 coming out which I will try soon. Maybe there is a fix in it. We can only hope!

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:41 PM
  •  

my problem is that it burns my dvds sloooooowly......it literaly takes hours!how do i fix that(and the speed is on fastest)
    Saturday, March 01, 2008 12:14 AM
  • For the most part all problems Ive read about on here are simple fixes the windows dvd maker relies on a simple array of formats when you throw a more complicated video format at it other than wma wmv or mpg it takes alot longer if it will even work chances are that you are using something like avi which is lucky because mine wont make avi files onto dvd's but what I have found out is that if you get more than 2 gig of ram memory it will help Ive noticed that when making a dvd my computer usage jumps and sits very close to 95% or better upgrade the ram to 4 gig and my usage sits at 50% or lower even when Im playing games as for the format problem www.anyvideoconverter.com will work fine it converts anything into... well anything just convert your files into the dvd-ntsc option and it will work fine

now if anyone happens to have any good ideas to unspecified errors... itd be great lol hope this helps everyone. and a defragment of your computer prolly wouldnt hurt either

Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:55 PM
  •  

I have the same problem...and this is now march of 08
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:15 PM
  • I have found the anwser to your porblems ladies and gentelmen and its not a patch or update but it is quite time consuming in my last comment I posted about www.anyvideoconverter.com and spoke about formatting your video files into the DVD NTSC format that it offers then should you find that your computer tells you unspecified error I would a program for that to once converted through the anyvideoconverter I use the program called free dvd ripper 2.25 and encode the file agian and its worked everytime on any movie even tv recorded homevideo recorded downloaded any and all my email is jesse.n.shepherd@us.army.mil if you have any questions

Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:53 AM
  • Allow me to be blunt. You are a moron.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 3:19 AM
  • Well RebootAgian? please if you happen to have something less time consuming or maybe work for microsoft try coming up with a better idea instead of sitting behind your computer in your sad existance of a life and critisize others. I am open to more idea's and or solutions but if you have none then I recomend bieng quiet.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:33 PM
  • I want to send you a BIG THANK YOU for your suggestion of switching to Fuji DVDs.  I also worked on this 99% error problem for over a month.  I thought is was my new Gateway PC or Windows Vista problems.  I was using a cheaper brand of DVDs - "Staples".  Since I started using the Fuji's I have not had any problems burning DVDs using Windows DVD Maker.  I was ready to give up after contacting Gateway and Microsoft with no luck.  I even had purchased another DVD burning software!  Thanks again!

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:04 AM
  • Some people should know better...the short of this is it's the codec, not Windows. 

All I will say is:

1. Uninstall all codecs.

2. Go to http://www.codecs.com/download/Vista_Codec_Package.htm

3. run the latest pack and this is all you wil need.

It is nothing to do with DVD's, TDKs are fine, as are Fuji, but these are not the cause of this problem.

Good luck.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:28 AM
  • Matt8 - I haven't logged into this for a long time - gave up in frustration. I will however try your advice.One question - how does one uninstall all codecs (and make sure you don't lose any other vital programmes along the way, which those of us amateurs, well me actually, always seem to do)

Thanks,

DR

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:57 AM
  • I was having the some things happen to me (DEP rubbish)so i gave up and got a ATMT media center 350 hdd it was £100 last year. save your films to that and plug it into your tv and watch fantastic you can put your pics on it to and it has a remote its great it plays all the mostcommon formates and you dont have to buy any more dvds so do your self a favor and get one to

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:58 AM
  •  

Hey DR,

If you do not have Vista Codecs already installed, just do a quickl check in Control Panel, Programs and Features and see whether there's anything obvious (e.g. ....codec...), otherwise you should be good to go by installing the latest from the link provided (it also checks for other versions and will tell you).  Many DVD recording products include their own codecs, and generally the Vista Codecs one is all you really need.

It's an easy uninstall if you run into any troubles.

Matt

Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:54 AM
  • I tried it, and of course it didn't work... I'm beginning to think that Micros**t is reading these suggestions and then finding ways to make sure it stays broken.  Everytime I install an UPDATE from Micros**t updates... hmmm, some are automatic, there are more problems.  Isn't that just... well, don't want to say it.  And of course as the Administrator of MY computer, VISTA won't let me deactivate the DEP program. 

Anyway, THANKS everyone whose working on try to get this fixed.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 6:45 PM
  • Well i have tried all of the above

1 why can we not unistall it and then put it back on

2 Why has no one from Microsoft got off there back sides and done somthing about this

i hoped it would be sorted when service pack 1 came out But no you can add a file eg picture and it works but a video eg wmv and it crashes

Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:09 PM

• Windows DVD maker is a piece of *** software and it never finishes burning up a project, ever. What a disappointment!
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:12 AM
  • same here only the error message says "windows can not format this dvd" and with me, Nero does not help a bit.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:30 AM
  • I used it once or two without probs. I am trying to create a DVD for professional use (job stuff) and I cannot get it to burn! The same problem as many others report: I get to .03 % and it freezes. I let it run all night. I switched the burning speeds, different discs, everything. Now, I have this cool DVD menu, etc, that I can't get to burn. Anyone find a solution to this?

Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:16 PM
  • I solved the problem uninstalling iac25_32.ax (intel audio device) with administrative privileges

Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:33 PM
  •  

A couple of suggestions for the posters in this forum:

1.  DVD Maker is an extension of Movie Maker, and they share a number of the kinds of issues reported here. A good resource for resolving these problems is the forum at: 

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/forums/

2. Another DVD Maker forum has some helpful people at:

http://www.windowsdvdmaker.com/forums/6/ShowForum.aspx

3. Very often, DVD Maker issues can be resolved by going to Movie Maker| Tools| Options| Compatibility| and unchecking the filter boxes.  You can go back and check the ones you need later on. 

4.  A lot of Movie Maker and DVD Maker problems are caused by problems with incompatible file types or the codecs used to create them.  Check your source files against this URL:

http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/File_type_compatibility.htm

I hope this info will be helpful!

Cheers,

John

Friday, June 06, 2008 11:42 PM
  • I too have this problem with windows dvd maker. I have a Compaq Presario.I called Customer support, and let them do a remote access they ran the same Hardware Diagnostic tools and came up with the same error code as I did. ( That was really annoying when I told them I had already done that.) Anyhow they told me it was a hardware problem and since I was still under warrenty.they sent me a new burner. I installed it and was able to COPY a dvd with power2go. Since that worked I tried windows dvd maker again and what do you know, 99% and I get an error message that it failed.I have burnt data cds,data dvds and audio cds and dvds,all of them worked! Its A software problem with windows dvd maker and I don't see microsoft getting off their *** to fix it. It's a great program when it worked and everyone I've shown my dvds to have loved them and the features.But it's worthless now.ThaNKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:28 AM
  •  bnjamin_breeg wrote:

I too have this problem with windows dvd maker. I have a Compaq Presario.I called Customer support, and let them do a remote access they ran the same Hardware Diagnostic tools and came up with the same error code as I did. ( That was really annoying when I told them I had already done that.) Anyhow they told me it was a hardware problem and since I was still under warrenty.they sent me a new burner. I installed it and was able to COPY a dvd with power2go. Since that worked I tried windows dvd maker again and what do you know, 99% and I get an error message that it failed.I have burnt data cds,data dvds and audio cds and dvds,all of them worked! Its A software problem with windows dvd maker and I don't see microsoft getting off their *** to fix it. It's a great program when it worked and everyone I've shown my dvds to have loved them and the features.But it's worthless now.ThaNKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.

A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video and/or audio)  files.  Try this URL:

Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Movie Maker| Tools| Options| Compatibility.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:15 PM
  • I encountered this exact same problem.  On my HP a1747c, running 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP1 (with all recent HP and Microsoft updates installed)

1) I used Movie Maker successfully to create my video file,
    2) then published it to a DVD using DVD Maker => The movie file is around 36 minutes and ~ 800MB and it took around 40 minutes to be successfully published. 
    3) once this was done, it gave me the option to "make another copy",
    4) I removed the first DVD-R (which works perfectly),
    5) inserted a new DVD-R, and clicked "make another copy". 
    6) This time it progressed much more quickly, got to ~94% (in less than 10 minutes), but then it stopped and indicated there was a problem (though nothing specific). 

I started the process again from the beginning with a new disc, successfully did the first one after around 40 minutes, and failed with the next disc at 95% when using the "make another copy"...  I was able to replicate the same probelm using this sequence several times (at the cost of wasting a few DVD-R discs); interestingly, I found on one occasion when I tried a  DVD-RW for the second disc (instead of DVD-R), I did not have this problem!

I would be interested in any similar experiences and suggestions for resolving the issue that anyone else may have...
    Monday, June 23, 2008 7:38 PM
  •  average_user wrote:
    I encountered this exact same problem.  On my HP a1747c, running 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP1 (with all recent HP and Microsoft updates installed)

1) I used Movie Maker successfully to create my video file,
    2) then published it to a DVD using DVD Maker => The movie file is around 36 minutes and ~ 800MB and it took around 40 minutes to be successfully published. 
    3) once this was done, it gave me the option to "make another copy",
    4) I removed the first DVD-R (which works perfectly),
    5) inserted a new DVD-R, and clicked "make another copy". 
    6) This time it progressed much more quickly, got to ~94% (in less than 10 minutes), but then it stopped and indicated there was a problem (though nothing specific). 

I started the process again from the beginning with a new disc, successfully did the first one after around 40 minutes, and failed with the next disc at 95% when using the "make another copy"...  I was able to replicate the same probelm using this sequence several times (at the cost of wasting a few DVD-R discs); interestingly, I found on one occasion when I tried a  DVD-RW for the second disc (instead of DVD-R), I did not have this problem!

I would be interested in any similar experiences and suggestions for resolving the issue that anyone else may have...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video and/or audio) files.  This is referring to the

source files that you originally imported to Movie Maker -- even though the video seemed to process ok in Movie Maker, some problems with incompatible source files or codecs do not show up until you get to DVD Maker.  Try this URL:

Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Movie Maker| Tools| Options| Compatibility.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:49 PM
  • Nevermind I found if I click the burn button w no Disc in the drive and then put one in when it opens it works.
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:21 AM
  • yeah i am but there is anothr just before i start to burn it says that it has stopped working then shutsdown can you sort this it

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:57 PM
  • exact same here,it says also that the vista service pack 1 will fix the solution but i,m also having trouble downloading that.do you have the service pack?

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:21 PM
  • my dvd maker wont even start my download... it used to work, but now it wont even start... i try to add a file and then it says that the maker has stopped working... it agrivates me... and i have tried different movies and files... they wont work... it sucks...
    Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:29 PM
  • i got the same problem too. well it was ok when i first burn my dvd using windows dvd maker and I burn 3 disc already and yeah it was ok but now I try to burn another one and i can't burn it anymore.

When I open a video file then it show that windows dvd maker can't open or can't find a solution or something like you guys said in here

and when are we going to find the solution????

c'mon i need this program and i like it a lot

Saturday, August 09, 2008 7:18 AM
  •  

when i go to burn a dvd it takes me too the what type of menu i want then gives me this alert saying that windows dvd maker has stopped working and its also happening with my media center. how can i fix it i have tried the solutions they gave me and still nothing works.
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:32 AM
  • I may have to upgrade my movie maker, but unknown at this time since my program won't work right in thre first place.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:47 AM
  • A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video and/or audio) files.  This is referring to the

source files that you originally imported to Movie Maker -- even though the video seemed to process ok in Movie Maker, some problems with incompatible source files or codecs do not show up until you get to DVD Maker.  Try this URL:

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:44 AM
  • I've only recently got a new laptop with Vista and tried burning numerous dvd's using DVD maker and experienced the 2 hour encoding wait and eventually the 'cannot create due to blah blah' error. I tried all the things mentioned previously to no avail and have now found a solution. At least it will probably help most of you to a certain degree.

The files i was trying to burn were all MPEGS. I used to use a program called 'Super' which is a brilliant piece of free software that converts practically any file into any file type you desire. Downloaded that again and I simply converted the MPEG files to WMV and then use the WMV files to burn. Voila. Job done.

I quickly tested this last night so I'm not overly sure on the quality of the DVD, just the fact that it succesfully burned. I'm not sure if converting from MPEG to WMV reduces the quality but quite frankly I don't care at the moment! I'm sure this whole problem will get resolved at some point, until then CONVERT TO WMV or something more suited to a Windows piece of software and you'll save yourself much stress.

Friday, August 29, 2008 8:02 AM
  • I have the same problem.  DVD maker worked fine for months, then this problem developed?  Could there be a tie to Apple iTunes?  I added that somewhat recently.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 5:46 PM
  • I agree.  I can't seem to find a real answer to why my dvd maker suddenly won't burn a DVD.  In my case it gets to 99% and stops without a useful error message.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Hi everyone!!!

I've figured it out.  You have to convert your video files to either .wmv OR .mpg format.  There are several free online file conversions programs.  I like to use Prism.  Since I've been converting the file format, I've been able to use the DVD maker without a problem.  I hope this helps.

Sunday, October 05, 2008 4:56 PM
  • I have a problem as well.  Has worked great for months.  Now, it states it has an internal error and re-installing the software would fix it.  However, I can't find the download to re-install it.  any help would be great.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:07 AM
  • I'm so frusterated! Yesterday I burned my first DVD using Windows DVD Maker...it worked fine, although it took FOREVER! Today I've been trying to burn a DVD and the progress gets to 99% and then an error message displays. It offers no information. I've tried using several different blank DVDs, I made sure the burning speed is on medium, and I did everything else that the help information said to do. The video clips all play fine using Windows Media Player, so I know the format of the videos is not a problem. Any advice??
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:25 AM
  • I too have the problem.  I was able to burn DVD for about 8 months and the problem started.  I suspect that instlling iTunes caused the proble.  I've tried several other DVD buring programs and they all seem to have prble.  I can burn data, I just can't do DVDs.
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:46 PM
  •  rhysmasters wrote:

I need help badly. I start up windows dvd maker and when i add a file it just comes up 'windows dvd maker has stopped working windows is checking for a solution' can anyone help me.

Thanks

I have Exactly  the same problem...was this resolved????

thanks

Friday, November 14, 2008 7:23 AM
  • Love to know how you managed that. As ever the people at Microsoft seem to feel that even "admin" privaleges are not enough to alter files in System32

I tried to delete, rename, change permissions all to no avail. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:48 PM
  •  RM 11 wrote:
    Hi all, my problem with Windows DVD Maker is that everytime I burn a video it will get to 99.0% and then say there was an error, something like "try another disc or check to see if dvd burner is connected". It works fine with Nero but I prefer Windows DVD Maker so I can make better menu's. Can any one help
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Hi Henry.  I have that same problem.  I haven't found a solution yet.  I think installing iTunes may have caused it.  I wonder if there is a way to re-install DVD Maker?
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:29 PM
  • average_user,

I will not go into my own problems with Windows DVD maker but I have sat here reading and saw your post. I suddenly remembered having that same problem a year ago when I first started working on DVDs. Instead of using DVD-R, you should buy DVD+R disk and give those a try. Through much trial & error, I was able to find out that my laptop, which is a Dell, works best with DVD-R disk. I didn't realize the difference at first and when I experienced the same problem you described, I did some research and found out that depending on the brand name of your computer, you probably need to use one or the other. I would have researched this for you but you didn't specify which brand of computer you use.

If the DVD-R didn't work, try the +R or use the -RW since it did work. My situation is much more complicated and at this point, I am all but giving up. I've dealt with this for over a year and am completely frustrated.

Good luck to all.....we are going to need it!!!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:27 AM
  •  

I have had problems with mine but I can burn my own files to the discs with dvd maker.  The only ones I can't are ones I have downloaded from elsewhere so if these are the files you are trying to burn maybe that is why they won't burn.  I am now just in the process of burning some of my own photos with the dvd maker if successful I will let you know.   It will burn just one photo in a matter of minutes but I am now trying 500 or so.
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:42 PM
  • i can't seem to get windows dvd maker to move beyond a 0% it won't even show any progress

Saturday, November 22, 2008 4:17 AM
  •  

Just to update you. It burned one but wouldn't burn 15 so I would really appreciate any other suggestions.
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:35 PM
  • My WINDOWS DVD MAKER problem.  I added a clips of video on to the add screen and then hit next and hit preview and a still imaged of the video came up.  So i clicked burn anyways and .7% later of the encoding it says "Error in burning the dvd" and thats it. What do you think is wrong?

Please Help!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Hi all.

I've posted the same thing on this forum without answer..

Windows dvd maker doesn't detect ou?

Any idea??

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:39 PM
  • When you buy vista you get a DVD+rw and we had to add a new DVD+rw and then it worked hen ever i try in the top 1(the on the you get with the pc) it always says error!
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:24 PM
  • RM 11 said:

Hi all, my problem with Windows DVD Maker is that everytime I burn a video it will get to 99.0% and then say there was an error, something like "try another disc or check to see if dvd burner is connected". It works fine with Nero but I prefer Windows DVD Maker so I can make better menu's. Can any one help

did you ever resolve this issue? im haveing same problem. dr.fitter@yahoo.com
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:43 AM
  • RM 11 said:

Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:56 AM
  • Hi all, my problem with Windows DVD Maker is that everytime I burn a video it will get to 99.0% and then say there was an error, something like "try another disc or check to see if dvd burner is connected". It works fine with Nero but I prefer Windows DVD Maker so I can make better menu's. Can any one help

Similar problem - When I try to burn disc from movie maker, it stops at 47% encoding, giving a 'nonspecific error'. Any advise?
    Friday, April 10, 2009 9:26 PM
  • I had the exact same problem at the same place and also preferred WDM over Nero for the same reason.

The problem disappeared when I used DVD-R instead of DVD+R. (Both disk formats are compatible with my player)
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:52 PM
  • Yes you are absolutely correct.  I've just switched over to a DVD-R after numerous 99% failures with DVD + R. 
    It resolved the problem straight away.  The message then is to switch to DVD-R.
    Saturday, September 05, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Switch your DVD discs from DVD+R to DVD-R. This seems to resolve the problem.
    Regards,
    Saturday, September 05, 2009 6:39 PM
  • I fiqured out what to do on my laptop to fix this problem. 1.Go to Windows Movie Maker 2. Click Tools 3. Diable all CODEC ,EXCEPT AVI DECOMPRESSOR Burn to your hearts content!!! I HAVE A TOSHIBA SATELLITE L305D 32 BIT OPERATING
    Monday, December 21, 2009 5:43 PM
  • I fiqured out what to do on my laptop to fix this problem. 1.Go to Windows Movie Maker 2. Click Tools 3. Diable all CODEC ,EXCEPT AVI DECOMPRESSOR Burn to your hearts content!!! I HAVE A TOSHIBA SATELLITE L305D 32 BIT OPERATING
    solved my problems with both movie maker and dvd maker. uncheck the boxes in Movie Maker| Tools| Options| Compatibility, except "avi decompressor."
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:02 PM
  • Hello all, i am using DVD-R, and it worked fine for the first time, but after that it gets to 99% and says it can not be burnt.  Anyone know how to fix this??
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:33 AM
  • Ok guys, this is what I found out. If you'll work from the time line in WMM and select "publish to DVD". It takes you to the DVD maker and completes the burn successfully. Don't ask me why and I know Its supposed to work better than this. This is what they gave us.

Hope this helps ?    ....Bowana

Sunday, May 02, 2010 6:12 AM
  • I had the same problem and was very frustrated because it took me 3 days of wasting money and doing all funny changes to my computer until when finaly got it right.I read all the threads on here and tried most suggestions but nothn helped apart from one which was to try change my media on which i was burning the DVD.My failures came with using DVD+r....which i guess wasnt compatible with my dvd drive....so i changed to DVD-r and that worked perfectly well.After i had conquered that issue...my DVD couldnt play in my player...but it played on my computer until when i figured out that the settings in the options menu in the Windows DVD maker were in the PAL mode...so i changed them to NTSC and selected medium speed!!!!My Dvds now play in my computer and my player.If you are planing to share your DVDs with family and friends outside USA or Japan...then i advise you use the PAL mode....but that may not play in your home DVD player if you live in the USA or Japan....Anyway...country where you stay determines which mode to burn your dvd.Am burning mine in both modes(PAL&NTSC) because i need to share with my family outside USA and the other is my personal copy i can play in my player here in the USA.Hope this helps someone!!!!I was really FRUSTRATED.....
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:48 PM
  • Welp i may be speaking outta turn here but i had no problems with nothing untill i fried my old unit..it was a 32 bit unit ran at 2.66mhz 4gb 800mhz speed memory chip sets.. it out ran anything new on the market and i was well pleased becaused of it..But then my nightmare began, i had always blown the fans etc but never once thought to stop the processor fan to blow it..Welp as a result i ended up with a blanket over the processor and thus fried everything..

my problems started when i went to replace the old unit, there wasnt much out there with any power or buildable gains , so i struck out on a Gateway 2.4mhz.. now heres the reason for the reply "the windows is a nice friendly program untill like the rest of you""it stops at 99% with some sort of problem. i am a tad finicky about programs running unless i chose to run one..(kinda that old adadge of "i brought you in this world and i can take ya out theory")

welp the win dvd maker always wanted to use nero. i kept insisting that it did the work its self and after several nice quality blk dvd's tossed in the trash can, i had to re-install nero to make it work.. at times it wont work unless i do a complete exit from the dvd maker and then back again to burn the next one.. it fails to burn a live TV capture untill i have converted it with another program..

My whole story stands on this thought in my head. i wish i had not been pressed for time and just rebuilt a new cpu. and ran windows XP SP3. There seems to be a lot of programs that refuse to run on a machine that runs at 64 bit.. some programs run well in 32 bit under win 7 (which was another mistake) but all in all i think Microsoft had to deliver something to the public or lose out to some independant  OS.

____ even a win unit running 64 bit win XP will out perform vista win 7 etc .. some will argue the point but argue it is all they can do.. lets face facts most of us bought into the cpu business because of obtainable knowledge. while in truth we could have gotten that same knowledge with a stable win XP SP3 machine.

win dvd maker could be a great editor but as things are one has to reach in their wallets and buy a good TV card to recieve wanted TV movies series etc and then let the TV card convert movie to mpeg for burning abilities..

as one can see from my writtings i have a very strong dislike for windows 7 much more than vista as far as that goes,, but all fall short of a program that developers had finally made good operatable programs to be user friendly with, and workable and that program is winxp sp3

yep i am indeed hunting for a XP program that i can toss away win 7 ie8 win media player11 etc.. i am still old school.. if i want a program to run i will start it ..not have some invisable pimp do the job as in everything since XP..

nothing wants to run on these 64 bit machine right.almost all will screw up.. signed a fed up old school user online in old BBS systems,

• Proposed as answer by Maniac84 Monday, August 16, 2010 1:14 AM
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:35 AM
  • I had the same problem and eventually followed the advice of someone else.

1.) Open the video files in Windows MOVIE Maker

2.) Drag the imported video on the timeline

3.) Save the project and publish it on your computer by going to File->Publish Movie-This Computer

4.) After it's done, import the video in Windows DVD Maker and burn

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:21 AM
  • Really Sad because everyone likes Windows DVD Maker. 

In this solution they want you to use BitMap instead of Jpg.  I don't know of anyone using Bitmap anymore.  I think Microsft has tried to give the user everthing instead of saying no.  For example: NCH Burner will not allow still pictures on the same disk as vidieo.

I hate to unregister a bunch of stuff and I don't want to build an os just to burn, but what else is there?

Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:57 PM
  • i'm having the same problem sometimes it stops burning and sometimes it burns but no sound on dvd used to work fantastic ,the hp update will not work as mine is an acer aspire it has an intel chip aswell brand new laptop was bought in march could it be a problem with intel as i have it on my amd machine and that works perfectly.
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:25 AM
  • I struggled with this while burning a set of DVD's.  Eventually determined the problem was temp. related for my HP pavilion laptop.  It would fail at different % done's -- then jump to 98.6% with failure message.  Although changing things like write speed, length of disk and others will effect one's success, I had the best luck by elevating the computer on a couple thing supports, including icepaks underneath.... burns fine in that setup, regardless of other settings.

Hope that helps.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:55 AM