none
Graphics Card Crash (Code 43)

Question

• In august 2009, my computer (vista XPS) had been getting odd graphical malfunctions while playing World of Warcraft.  Odd graphical lines would show up on the screen, and eventually crash the computer.  After awhile, this error started to occur in other games, such as Warcraft III.  Finally, the computer refused to work even at the desktop, with graphical lines showing and an eventual crash.  We saved the files on an external hard drive, and reformatted the computer.  After this, the error went away on the desktop and games. Except for World of Warcraft. For the next 2 monthes I would play most games just fine, except ever so often in World of Warcraft the game would black out, and after 10 seconds come back good as new.  When minimized, an error message showed that my graphics card stopped responding and recovered.  This is the same message I got 2 monthes ago.  Today, the error occured more and more frequent and crashed my computer instead of recovering.  Other games still worked perfectly fine with no errors.  Finally after trying World of Warcraft again, the computer immediatly crashed to a blue screen.  Upon restarting my computer, lines went up and down the screen, and could not start up, even through safe mode.  I ran a start up repair by using the windows reinstall disc, and now my computer can start and go to the desktop, however, the resolution is terriable, lines dot the whole screen, and colors are all off.  I disabled my graphics card, restarted, and the problem persisted.  I tried to enable it again, but it said it could not and said in paranthesis (code 43).  Is this the end of my Dell XPS computer? Or is it the end of my Nvidia Gefore 8600?  

Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    It looks the Your graphic card is corrupted. Sorry...
    This are the basic symptoms.
    Code 43
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Monday, October 19, 2009 3:24 PM
  • I thought that the graphic card was the issue too, however, the lines dotting all over the screen through the start up functions and at the desktop while the graphics card is disabled makes me believe that it could be something more.  If my graphics card isnt working, then everything would just look bad right? But would the computer look genuinly messed up beyond being graphic cardless.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 9:47 PM
  • And in this situation Your screen comes from which device on monitor?

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:10 AM