none
Disappearing PDF Files

Question

• We're having an odd issue with PDF files automatically deleting (disappearing) when Adobe Reader is closed down.

This doesn't affect all PDF files but will affect the same files consistently.

Issue has been tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and on multiple versions of Adobe Reader all with the same result.

Once the file has been opened in Adobe and adobe is closed the file then disappears, if you rename the file to something else it doesn't happen but if you rename it back to the original then it disappears.

A copy of the PDF file when open goes in to users appdata\local\temp directory, deleting the file from here resolves the issue for this file but the problem does not go away.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, the issue seems related to Adobe Reader, It's recommended to contact with Adobe Acrobat Reader Learn & Support for further help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/reader.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:48 AM
  • I thought we were alone on this issue! We're also seeing the exact same problem occurring. No idea if this is an Adobe Reader issue or Windows update! I'm leaning more towards Adobe issue but there support is difficult to get in touch with.

I've posted our issue here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2619899

Interesting on the note about the Temp files, will have to look into that.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:39 AM