none
Can't get the Peer Networking Group service to start

Question

• I am trying to setup my HomeGroup with Windows 7 however I keep getting the message that states the following:

"HomeGroup is not ready yet. Please try again in a few minutes.  If this message continues to appear, click the link to start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter."

Once I start the troubleshooter it tells me that The Peer Networking Group Service failed to start.  I have viewed the services and all the other necessary services, i.e, Peer Name Resolution and Peer Networking Identity Manager are both running. 

When I attempt to start the Peer Networking Group I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping service on Local Computer."

Error 0x80630004: 0x80630004

I have deleted the file "idstore.sst" located below: C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.

and tried to start the Peer Networking Group service again but it will not start.

Monday, January 17, 2011 12:25 AM

Answers

• Run your Windows 7 installation file and do an In-place Upgrade to repair the system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:59 AM

All replies

• Run your Windows 7 installation file and do an In-place Upgrade to repair the system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:59 AM
  • Hello,

Is there a similar way to fix this for Windows Home Server 2011?   I have the same issue (Peer Networking Grouping service not started) with error 0x80630004

Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:41 PM