none
Windows 10 IOT RRS feed

• Question

• I have a machine that used to run IOT ENT 2016 LTSB. The person that was controlling our hardware is no longer with our company, from what I can tell there has never been a backup and the install media is "lost".  Could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:56 AM

Answers

• Digging a little further, is this a machine that you purchase that has Windows 10 IoT on it? If so, you should go back to the manufacturer of the machine to get any recovery media.

If you are the OEM building the machine, then you will have to install Windwos 10 IoT Enterprise and all the related software and hardware to bring it back up. To get the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise DVD, you will have to contact your Microsoft distirbutor.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by Doug Turner() Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:25 PM
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:10 PM

All replies

• Kindly go through the following Microsoft reference:

Windows 10 IoT Core Recovery

You can recover from cloud.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:03 AM
  • If the Windows 10 IoT image was custom built, you might have to go back through the process to recreate the build files for the custom installer.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Do you need recovery?

If so, more information please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/service/iot/recovery

Note: This process does not recover from hardware failures of storage

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 6:19 AM
  • I need to get an iso, we had a drive failure. I don't think we had a custom build and if we did I don't think it matters.
    Friday, September 13, 2019 10:20 PM
  • Digging a little further, is this a machine that you purchase that has Windows 10 IoT on it? If so, you should go back to the manufacturer of the machine to get any recovery media.

If you are the OEM building the machine, then you will have to install Windwos 10 IoT Enterprise and all the related software and hardware to bring it back up. To get the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise DVD, you will have to contact your Microsoft distirbutor.

• Marked as answer by Doug Turner() Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:25 PM
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Thank you for your help
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:26 PM