none
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b RRS feed

• Question

• Link to Previous thread relating to bug

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ef838e2-94ec-41ef-939d-2ada471947c2/the-computer-has-rebooted-from-a-bugcheck-the-bugcheck-was-0x0000003b?forum=win10itprogeneral

Hello, just found this thread after running into the same bug check, and my computer crashes sometimes without a BSOD, just black screen and restart, nothing in event viewer prior to that happening.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c000001d, 0xfffff8014ce4496c, 0xfffff604bbc067e0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b349e585-94be-4bf1-adf5-7216fd695896.

OneDrive link to Dump and files create when I followed your instructions above

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtpXisKNWoYnpX7H-9c19F58pJdS?e=0ckFvT

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

6) chkdsk /x /f /r
    C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r

Haven't gone beyond that, but not expecting to find any problems with the disk, I checked it recently and didn't find any problems, and it's a brand new M2.

Any help would be really appreciated.

/Marten

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:35 AM

All replies

• This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Kindly go through the following Microsoft reference:

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

As it's a Driver related issue, so it will be logical to update the drivers. Visit the support sites of the manufacturers to download and install the latest drivers. Make sure your system is fully updated.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Monday, October 21, 2019 10:43 AM
  • Hi

“The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b

For your issue, try the following steps:

1. Update the graphic card driver;
    2. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers.
    3. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Besides, you can refer to the link proposed by S.Sengupta:

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hope can help you.

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. Turns out it's way to advanced for me, but I'll look into updating drivers and hope the problem doesn't return.

/Marten

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Thanks. I'll look into that.

/Marten

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:55 AM
  • Hi,

We are looking forward to your update.

Have a nice day=.=

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:33 AM