none
Delete the current minor Version on Sharepont RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are facing an issue of version history here.

I deleted the V2.0 of a document, since then there is a gap between V1.9 and V2.1.

Now I want to delete the current version V2.1 (and later add a new version as V2.0), but there are only those options for V2.1: View, Restore but no delete. I can't unpublish it, either.

I tried to check in and check out, so now it will be V1.9, V2.1, V2.2 (just for testing the version history). For the V2.2, there are also only the "View or Restore" options, but it is possible to unpublish it and go back to V1.9, V2.1. 

Can any one help me to delete the current minor version V2.1? 

Thank you!

Friday, July 10, 2020 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi iamskydog,

It is not supported to deleted to latest version.

SharePoint moves versions you delete to the recycle bin, you can check the recycle bin to restore the deleted version. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, July 13, 2020 10:11 AM
  • Hi iamskydog,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:12 AM
  • Hi iamskydog,

Please remember to mark the helpful post as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:13 AM