none
Microsoft Data Protection 2019 for VMware Virtual Machine failing with out of disk space replica. RRS feed

• Question

• All of sudden I have started facing the below issue and have run the consistency check almost 5 times and it has failed each time. My disk pool storage is big enough around 400Gb and data that is getting backed up is hardly 16 GB.

I am not sure what is this auto grow option is and I think in DPM 2019 it is automatically taken care by DPM. Can you please assist me in understanding this auto grow feature and why does DPM initiate it. 

Can you please assist to resolve the issue.

DPM is out of disk space for the replica. (ID 58 Details: There is not enough space on the disk (0x80070070))

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSDPM
    Date:          8/9/2019 3:52:26 PM
    Event ID:      33144
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:     

Description:
    The description for Event ID 33144 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

DPM was unable to expand the volume for computer.

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:42 AM

All replies